android
Old 08-22-2010, 11:47 AM

Default going through songs by track

just rockboxed my fuze v2 a few days ago. I was wondering if there was a way to view all the songs, like how the OF did it, i would go to MUSIC and then SONGS that would bring up the whole list of SD or integrated memory. But if i go to DATABASE through rockbox, i would get a long list of "untagged" songs and then a few songs being named or titled. I was wondering if there was a way to view it like the OF without much effort, or would i have to edit the tags of the songs. thank you

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilai View Post
just rockboxed my fuze v2 a few days ago. I was wondering if there was a way to view all the songs, like how the OF did it, i would go to MUSIC and then SONGS that would bring up the whole list of SD or integrated memory. But if i go to DATABASE through rockbox, i would get a long list of "untagged" songs and then a few songs being named or titled. I was wondering if there was a way to view it like the OF without much effort, or would i have to edit the tags of the songs. thank you
That means your tags are incomplete....one of the required fields must not be filled in properly. MP3Tag is your friend.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Whew! Had to check, but sure 'nuf the manual is still there. It's your best resource for when you have those "How do I...?" moments.

BTW, mp3tag and MediaMonkey both work a treat at getting your files tagged. It won't be time wasted.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Whew! Had to check, but sure 'nuf the manual is still there. It's your best resource for when you have those "How do I...?" moments.

BTW, mp3tag and MediaMonkey both work a treat at getting your files tagged. It won't be time wasted.
Agreed with skip252 and Marv - a little work on your ID3 tags before you add stuff to your music library [and then your players] will make your life sooooo much more easier and troublefree...

mp3tag is my tagger of choice, though MMonkey, mp3TagAndRename and others are also great...

I am personally extremely OCD about my tags - but the result is that in over 12+ years of messing around with mp3 players, I never have any probs with "untagged" or "unknown/unidentified" tracks....

Man I hate that!
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 08-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilai View Post

You could also use the file browser. It doesn't care about file tags, although if your songs aren't organized by folder it doesn't work so well.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:46 PM

yeah thanks for the help i guess i should start tagging at some point... how does songbird compare to media monkey?

Old 08-22-2010, 11:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Dunno, never used Songbird. But look here in case you missed it, a nice roundup of music management/player software...

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...re-roundup.php
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 08-23-2010, 08:58 AM
Banned

i notice one thats missing that alot of people i know really like.

doubletwist http://www.doubletwist.com/dt/Home/Index.dt

I dont use management software, but alot of people I know do and alot of them have told me over and over that they really like DT, I ran across it just before T-Mobile started supporting it as their sync software, it works with pretty much any mobile device thats not strictly locked to specific software(looks at zune's mtp-z in disgust).

If you want/need easy or know somebody who does, give it a look, its FAR easier then mediamonkey, anybody who would give a noob mediamonkey is a sadist, its great for advanced users but for most people, its just to advanced/complicated(my mother would go crosseyed and she was able to learn to drag and drop load the player in 3 lessons)

as to songbird, the last time it tried to use it(i like to test software, its a hobby) it was pretty bad, I mean the IDEA was good, but the execution was...flawed, just didnt work well for me at all...