android
Old 08-25-2010, 01:27 PM

Default Help Please, select button doesn't work on Fuze v1.

Hi,

I tried Rockbox for the first time today using the rockbox utility. It boots into rockbox okay and I can scroll up and down the menu but clicking the select button does nothing. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodel View Post
Hi,

I tried Rockbox for the first time today using the rockbox utility. It boots into rockbox okay and I can scroll up and down the menu but clicking the select button does nothing. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?
Does it work when you boot to the original firmware?

Old 08-25-2010, 01:58 PM

I didn't try booting to the original firmware at the same time that rockbox was installed, I just removed it. The select button works fine in the regular firmware though.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Not possible to track down a problem without it being installed is it? I am NOT advising you to reinstall Rockbox but if you care to find out what might be wrong it needs to be installed.

I just installed both the current and release build and it's working fully.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:37 PM

No worries. I just installed again, both complete and minimal installation, the select button still doesn't work in rockbox but it does when i boot to the original firmware.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Not quite sure what might be happening there. I took my manual install of Rockbox off after my last post and reinstalled using the Rockbox Utility. I even changed the bootloader. Everything is working. My center Select button, scroll wheel and Home button all have full function.

I've read in the past that Rockbox addresses the hardware differently than the OF but it seems that a non-functioning center button is too much of a difference, idk. You may want to head over to the Rockbox forums with complete information available and see if someone there knows something more.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:22 PM

Yea, I've made a similar post there. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, both with complete and minimal installations but it still doesn't seem to want to work.

Thanks for your help though, much appreciated.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Brodel, can't help beyond this:

Your problem is kind of urgent IMO - familiar with IRC? Go here:
irc://freenode/rockbox

The folks/devs are great there and I am sure can assist...and they will want to know if this is a real problem to be concerned with on their end or perhaps some weird localized glitch for you...
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 08-25-2010, 04:02 PM

Thanks, I'll give that a go when I get the chance.

I just tried to manually install it following the instructions on the site which went fine. It still has the same problem where the select button doesn't work. However, when I used the rockbox utility to install rockbox, the Fuze would boot into it's original firmware mode when the USB was connected. After installing it manually it now boots into the Rockbox USB mode which is a step forward.