Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Default Absolute garbage

I bought a S738F and, the next week, won (in a raffle) a S638F. Both are 8gig players. Neither is acceptable for it's intended purpose.

I've transferred music to both these players using CDs, Napster and Rhapsody. In all cases, the Sony players will not transfer the music without major skips in most of the songs and, very frequently, doesn't seem to transfer the entire song at all. It's unbelievable how inept these two players are. I've had these Sonys about 2 years now and have never used them because the transfers are so bad. On the bright side, they've never frozen up. Don't know about the battery life as I never want to use them long enough to find out.

Both players do the exact same thing. I also have a Creative Zen which absolutely kills the Sonys for quality of transfers and sound. The Zen never has an obvious skip in the songs and has never failed to transfer the songs completely.

My question: is there something about these Sonys that I don't know? When transferring music from CDs, I've used WMP and transferred them at 193kps. Napster and Rhapsody transfer to the Zen without issue. What am I doing wrong with these Sonys?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]