android
Old 01-31-2010, 07:29 PM

Default How can i read pdf file?

i want to read PDF on my O2. I found Cool_reader for O2 but i wonder how can i install it to my O2?
Thank you.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-07-2010, 06:26 AM

You put Coolreader in the USRPROG folder - but you can't open PDFs with it (or with any other reader on any other portable player, for that matter). You'd have to convert PDFs to a less restrictive, rigid, bloated, and crappy format to read it on the O2.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
You put Coolreader in the USRPROG folder - but you can't open PDFs with it (or with any other reader on any other portable player, for that matter). You'd have to convert PDFs to a less restrictive, rigid, bloated, and crappy format to read it on the O2.
Archos players do read PDF files, most of them at least. However they do a really poor job of it. They load a page at a time and it takes a while to change pages. So for practical purposes you're correct.

Barry

Old 02-07-2010, 10:43 AM

Yes, my Palm PDA "supports" PDF too, but it is completely unusable in reality. PDF is a way too rigid format to be useful on small screens (no soft line breaks, embedded vector fonts that are gigantic resource hogs, etc). Unfortunately this very inflexible format became the de-facto standard for text. As useful as it is for print, as useless it is on handheld devices.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:09 AM

Does the CSD viewer work at all? Of course, adobe can also convert many pdf's into txt's. I mean is it reasonably possible to read for say half an hour to an hour on either the O2 or the S9? And how big would the difference be, given the smaller size but better resolution of the S9 versus the bigger screen of the O2. And can you reasonably well listen to audio at the same time?
Thanks for replies to any of those (too?) many questions,