XP Media Center 2005 does not recognize Creative Zen V plus
Dell XPS 400 dual core 2.8 GHz
OS: XP Media Center 2005
WMP V 10
Two evenings down the tubes. Loaded the CD driver. Plugged in the Zen. Got the pop up "new hardware found". After about 30 seconds . . .device not recognized and was prompted to load driver. I checked out device manager and could not find the player. I uninstalled, reinstalled, checked device manager again. It was listed, but with the yellow triangle and exclamation point. I loaded the driver again from device manager. Plugged the unit in and got the "new hardware found" pop-up . . .but XP is still not recognizing it.
I tried plugging it into different USB ports on the computer, but got the same thing.
The unit itself is fully charged and the other functions (ie:radio) work fine. I was on creatives site, downloaded what I thought may be necessary patches . . .still does not find it. Went through Creative's troubleshooter exercise . . still does not find it.
Here are the screen messages I get when I plug in the Zen V plus:
1. Found new Hardware Creative Zen Plus
2. Found new hardware MTP device
1 & 2 are both in the lower RH side of the screen (a pop up message from the task bar)
3. Then the found new hardware wizard opens up (keep in mind I have already installed the driver from the CD) . . "Welcome to the found new hardware wizard"
4. The graphic changes to a moving graphic of files moving from one folder to the other . . .you typical "copy paste large file operation" graphic.
5. After about 15-20 seconds, the message, "There was a problem installing this hardware" appears.
6. Then, "An error occured during the installation of the device." "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."
I uninstalled Quicktime (read that might be the issue on another thread)
Am currently installing the driver on my old Dell Celeron 450 XP home edition to see if it will read it . . .I can transfer music over my home network if it does.
Still looking for ideas though.
Last edited by Borny; 12-21-2006 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Added sequence of screen prompts
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.