android
Old 09-09-2010, 05:38 PM

Help Having trouble saving playlists.

So I've been testing my newly acquired and rockboxed clip+ and I quite like it so far. I needed ro read the manual and the forums to figure some stuff out but so far everything has worked perfectly for me.. except one thing ofcourse .

I can't seem to be able to save playlists..
I tried all kinds of things yesterday but somehow it wouldn't properly save my current playlist. Each time when I went to "View Catalog" it said "No playlist".

Here is what I tried:

Added two albums to my dynamic playlist, checked to make sure I had the right songs by looking up "View current playlist" or something like that. Then I held the select button in the WPS to access the playlist menu, there I choose to save the playlist. I changed the dynamic.m3u8 to all-kinds-of-stuff.m3u8 and then when I tried to confirm, the screen sends out a pop-up text which flashed too short for me to read and then I'm back in my WPS.

I also tried saving it from the main menu and then going to playlist and doing the same thing.

At one point I think I managed to see a playlist saved in the catalog but when I opened it, it contained only one song instead of the whole bunch/list I was trying to save.

When I hooked up my clip+ to my laptop today to add some more songs I saw all my failed attempts in the root (D:/).. so they seemed to be saved but I can't see them in the catalog. The "playlist" folder (D:/playlists) was empty..

I'm probably missing something obvious here but I getting really tired of trying out all sort of stuff and reading the forums, so I thought I might ask for some help.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-10-2010, 03:52 PM

I think I found a way around it for now.
Just create the playlist as usual and the cut it from the root folder under #files and then paste it in the playlist folder.

Not an ideal situation though, can't I change the dir playlists are being saved to somewhere?

Old 09-22-2010, 12:25 AM

No answers? I'm having the same problem. Is there any way to save a playlist and have it available without moving it manually?