android
Old 09-10-2010, 10:48 PM

Default uninstall rockbox?reboot to orginal firmware

there is many threads on how to install rockbox.. but how do i uninstall rockbox and revert to the orginal firmware? will i have to format the whole player?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Banned

just drop the latist firmware files for the player on the player and let it update to them, then delete the .rockbox folder, why would you want to uninstall rockbox?

Old 09-10-2010, 11:39 PM

with rockbox, my pc can't detect clip, i have to power off clip in order to for my pc to detect it. Everytime i eject clip, it reboot back to orginal firmware, i have to reboot again to rockbox firmware

Old 09-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Banned

ah, thats normal till they get the rockbox usb driver built, to load your v2 device(clip v2/clip+, fuze v2) you need to either shutdown and plug in or hold the |<< button when you power on then plugin, load the player, let the db refresh and then restart the player, they are working on a driver, It just takes time, i personally find it less annoying for the device to requier me to shutdown and plugin to the computer to load files on it then to have it restart into OF every time its plugged in, it lets me charge and keep listening.

My advice for anybody who likes to change music out alot with a rockboxed sansa (even v1 fuze) is to put stuff you wont change/swap out on the internal memory and put stuff you want to change alot on the card, that way you can plug the card into your system with a usb or sd adapter and modify it on the fly, the other advantage to this is that your not putting ware and tear on the internal memory(flash memory has a limited number of writes b4 it stops working)

Old 09-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The new USB driver for RB for Clip+ is being worked on, so just wait for it.