android
Old 09-18-2010, 06:20 PM

Default Rockbox won't get past the loading screen

as the title says, I can't get past the screen with the logo and version number. It started last night after working perfectly for several weeks. I tried updating the firmware today and still have the same problem (r28105-100918). Any solutions?

Edit: I can boot into the original firmware by holding left when powering on. Fuze V2

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-19-2010, 03:00 AM
Rockbox Developer

Try checking the filesystem for errors, or remove .rockbox folder and reinstall

Old 09-19-2010, 03:06 AM

I already tried reinstalling the rockbox folder. I'll check the filesystem and see what happens.

Edit: doesn't look like there's any problems with the filesystem. Once in a while, I have to push in on the case while pressing buttons for them to respond or to scroll the wheel, but other than that, there haven't been any problems with the player or rockbox. Rockbox worked again couple hours ago, but only once. No idea what changed...maybe just needed another reset.

I'll try updating the firmware when new ones come out since rockbox has been amazing. Much better eq/features/everything, and I can't wait to get it working again.

Edit 2: version r28115 didn't fix it

Edit 3: I may have spoken too soon about r28115. Rockbox is working perfectly again. I was able to turn it on and off 5 times without any problems at all. I may post again if it stops working, but for now, I'm going to continue loving all of rockbox's features and listen to more opeth

Last edited by korn_thoughtless6; 09-19-2010 at 05:14 AM.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:30 PM

Sorry for the double post, but I didn't want to have 4 edits in a row. Rockbox has been working off and on, but I can get it most of the time. I still don't know what causes it or if there are any fixes I haven't tried.

Old 10-03-2010, 02:45 PM

Next time you're messing with it, completely erase the .rockbox folder, empty the trash, and reinstall it from scratch. I suspect you're just copying the new files over the old ones, which isn't completely eliminating the problem file/s.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:57 PM

Hello fellow anythingbutipod peoples!

I too have this problem.

It started around the first week of september and I have tried reinstalling rockbox, formatting my sansa, and installing more recent versions of rockbox.

After all of that I was and still am stuck at the rockbox loading screen.
(just like the original poster stated, I was able to use rockbox sometimes since it would get past the loading screen, but other times it would randomly freeze at the loading screen)

Is there any fix to this?????

update: Since I did all of what I mentioned above in the beginning of September, I decided to try again after posting this reply. I deleted all of the files from my sansa fuze (hidden files are shown in windows explorer)... Then I went into the Sansa firmware and formatted the Fuze. After that I downloaded the latest version of rockbox utility, and installed the recommended version of rockbox onto the Fuze but rockbox STILL isn't going past the loading screen.

Last edited by Skedgy Sky; 10-03-2010 at 10:17 PM.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:48 AM

I tried both ways, both overwriting the files and completely deleting them and starting from scratch. The problem seems to be fixed, but I still don't know what caused this in the first place.