android
Old 09-23-2010, 09:31 AM

Lightbulb Help needed

I am a new member of the forum. I need some help from you experienced users.

I'm a guitar player. I want to play MP3 backing tracks off of my new Sony NWZ S545 16 G Walkman. While these are playing I need to see the screen to determine how much of the song is left.

It's very disconcerting to be starting a new verse either instrumentally or vocally and have the rest of the "band" do an ending.

My Sony Walkman NWZ S545 works perfectly in all respects except for the screensaver. It turns the screen off after 30 seconds of inactivity.

Does anyone know a way to either disable the screensaver or to change the time until dim-out up to 5 minutes or so. I would be glad to buy a software utility to do this if necessary.

If you can help me please send an email to ron@vermillionassociates.com with SONY WALKMAN in the subject. I probably won't have a lot of time to spend on the forum.

Thanks

Ron Vermillion

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-23-2010, 10:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hey hope you check this at least once. There is absolutely no way that I know of on the Sony S [or E] series to do what you are asking.

This is purely a non user-controllable function determined by Sony.

Sorry...for your uses, you may need to look at another player, which is unfortunate perhaps because the Sony's are quite nice right out of the box.

A Sansa Fuze, Rockboxed for instance - I believe a combination like this will indeed allow you this kind of low level control over your screen duration [of course at the expense of battery life, massively probably] though for you not so much an issue over the course of a musical set or two/three...

hth, but do try and check back for more responses...

cheers,
-lestatar
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies