android
Old 09-29-2010, 04:47 PM

Default The Fuze is a scratch Magnet.

I'm really pissed I used my fuze today on the bus, When we got to school, I put the fuze and my METAL V-moda Vibes in the same pocket. When I got my fuze out in the afternoon, the paint was off in 3 places and one scratch on the screen. So Yeah. Could anybody give me a link to a cheap case that protects the Glossy finish and the screen?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Ah, that sucks...sorry man...Did you not use the included Fuze sleeze at all?

Anyway, look here:
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

I personally don't like silicon cases - I have a couple sets of this one. The seller is great and the quality is very good for all parts. The crystal case covers the entire device except for scroll wheel, the cut outs are very precise. But the case is tough to remove once on without breaking the thin plastic tabs which hold the case halves together. Still, for the price and decent quality all the stuff, I think this is a very good deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLEAR-CASE-USB-C...item5ad67d810c

good luck man and don't let it bother you too much, though i know it sucks.

Post some pics of your gear on the Gear Thread...
-lestatar
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 09-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

This is the route I took to prevent scratches on my Fuze. It requires some patience during the application process (and I recommend using Windex as opposed to soapy water), but everything looks great after a day or so without the need for an additional case.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Epithetless: Interesting. Didn't know there were full body screen protectors custom for Fuze. Nice!

No bubbles? Plastic is superclear?
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 09-29-2010, 05:53 PM

LOLZ. I suck ass at applying those. It would be not centered and filled with air bubbles. My mom's being Ignorant and saying a 9 dollar case for a 40 dollar product isn't worth it. wth. People put 20 dollar cases on their Clips.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
This is the route I took to prevent scratches on my Fuze. It requires some patience during the application process (and I recommend using Windex as opposed to soapy water), but everything looks great after a day or so without the need for an additional case.
I took this same route and am very pleased with the results. I can keep the bulk down but still have it protected from scratches

Old 09-29-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
Epithetless: Interesting. Didn't know there were full body screen protectors custom for Fuze. Nice!

No bubbles? Plastic is superclear?
You get 95% of the bubbles out during the application process. You use dish soap and water mixture, dip the skin in it, minimize how much liquid by kind of shaking the excess liquid off, and apply it on the device, press out the majority of the bubbles. The remainder of the bubbles disappear in 24-48 hours once it is fully dried and cured.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:09 PM

I see the Best Skins Ever has front and back pieces, but would you even need/want to cover the rubberized back?

Old 09-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didu50 View Post
LOLZ. I suck ass at applying those. It would be not centered and filled with air bubbles. My mom's being Ignorant and saying a 9 dollar case for a 40 dollar product isn't worth it. wth. People put 20 dollar cases on their Clips.
Dude. All respect to your mom, but tell her this:
- its 9bucks for a case, a car charger, a wall charger and a spare USB cable...that sounds like a reasonable deal to me;
- if you keep dropping your Fuze, especially without any kind of case at all, you might soon kiss that Fuze goodbye;
- silicon cases will probably protect the Fuze from impacts a little better, but with those you must get some kind of screen protector anyway as all the silicon cases have exposed screens.

Tell her you will do dishes for a week or something....

Now go clean your room...
A Glossary for Newbies

Last edited by lestatar; 09-29-2010 at 11:44 PM. Reason: typo

Old 09-29-2010, 06:31 PM

I have to agree, the Fuze is a huge scratch magnet, my brother's fuze which was kept very good but with no sleeve was extremely scratched after a week...

Old 09-29-2010, 11:40 PM

The screen protector I had on mine for almost a year fell off and I couldn't find the extra screen protectors, so within a couple of days, my Fuze has been scratched to the point where I cannot see the screen in daylight.

It's annoying.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:38 AM

RadioShack is selling the three-pack of Gigaware silicon cases for the Fuze right now for as little as $5.47. They are very well made and come in red, black, and pink. I picked some up to clothe my Woot refurb 8GB Fuze.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...LAID=200154915

Old 09-30-2010, 06:21 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxmaster765 View Post
The screen protector I had on mine for almost a year fell off and I couldn't find the extra screen protectors, so within a couple of days, my Fuze has been scratched to the point where I cannot see the screen in daylight.

It's annoying.
In that case, this...

...might help.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:56 AM

I got this for my 8GB Woot refurb. It adds a little bulk, but I like that it's clear so I can still see the player. I'm not a big fan of the silicone or leather cases. Plus it's only $3. If I decide after a while that I don't like the extra bulk, I will go with epithetless's full body skin.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

@tarpshack: Yep, that's the same case as the one I initially linked, from the same seller actually on ebay. Did you not want/need/see the case/power charger/USB cable combo?

A PITA to remove the case, right? For when dust and stuff get underneath the case...Be careful of the tiny thin clips on each side of the case - extremely fragile.
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 10-01-2010, 10:14 AM

I thought I replied to this yesterday... must not have submitted it.

@lestatar I see now that the pictures for your link and mine are the same. However, I'm pretty certain that they were different when I purchased mine. I know I don't have the wrong item on Amazon because I'm linking back to it through my order history, but the case I got is slightly different than the one pictured.

The picture shows a cutout for the "Home" button, whereas the case I received has a kind of movable cover. Maybe I'll try to post a picture here.

As for removing the case, it was actually pretty simple once I watched the video on how to do it. I don't know that I would have figured it out on my own without breaking it a few times first. In the Amazon link I posted yesterday, there is a video review that shows how to remove the case without breaking those fragile tabs.

I'm still considering an arm wrap case for running. If I end up buying that, maybe I'll use that opportunity to get a combo pack with the additional chargers.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

hey tarpshack: Hmmm, ok...Yeah, pics of your case would be great. Kill 2 birds with one stone! Post pics of your gear here:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...10947&page=216
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 10-25-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drspark61 View Post
I see the Best Skins Ever has front and back pieces, but would you even need/want to cover the rubberized back?
Two people who I know that have a fuze there backing is pelling off so u might want to. But I have not had a problem and I've had might just as long as they have.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:43 PM

We have three Fuze in the family. All refurbs. I use cheap self-adhesive screen protectors over the screens. They last years. Our carrying pouches (generally for when the player is not in use) are Ziplock bags reinforced with clear packing tape. Write whatever you like on the side of the bag so your sandwich doesn't get put in it. No scratches, no dust in the player. No loss of the neat rubber texture when it is in use. No extra thickness added to the player. If Sansa had intended it to be fat and squishy they would have made it that way!

Old 11-15-2010, 05:05 PM

Les is absolutely correct. Clear hard shells are worlds better than the silicon cases.

I bought this a couple of weeks ago and it's perfect.
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-...9862217&sr=8-1

or here is just the shell itself for $2.99 shipped.
http://www.amazon.com/Transparent-Cl...9862317&sr=8-1