android
Old 12-22-2006, 11:25 AM

Unhappy sansa e270 won't turn on!

Hey,
I'm new to the site and to mp3 players in general.
I bought my sansa a couple of months ago and everything was fine. Today I was listening and i assume the battery died. I hooked up my usb port to my mp3 player and the "connected" screen that usually appears hasn't come on. The computer is suddenly not recognising the device at all. I can't get it to turn back on as the battery is dead. Anyone know what might be up? I've tried that 'hold button - record button - power button' trick and it's no good either!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-22-2006, 07:47 PM

try pluging it into another usb source.

Old 12-22-2006, 09:31 PM

Open back and check to see if battery is firmly seated.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 12-23-2006, 04:47 AM

If you find that you've tried everything suggested here, hit up sandisk.com and go to their support section. They have a chat type system there so you can talk with tech specializing on the E200 series, and if necessary, guide you through getting your player replaced with a new one. Ive had to deal with a dead player recently and the process was painless.

Old 12-25-2006, 12:12 PM

hey, thanks for all your help. the people at sansa are going to check it out for faults for me!
Merry Christmas!

Old 12-30-2006, 11:29 AM

is a Sansa not turning on a problem that is quite common? i got mine for christmas and two days later it turned itself off while I was watching a movie. I thought the battery might have died, so I plugged it into my computer but it didn't do anything. So now I'm stuck with a broken Sansa and the tech support is not very helpful. I've tried just about everything (battery is in correctly, hold is off, reset won't work, and my computer won't find it no matter what I try). It seems that they just copy and paste an answer without really understanding what your asking. i guess they are just busy after christmas...
<<* dr #13 k-town soccer *>>

Old 12-31-2006, 10:41 AM

I had this problem too, I could tell the thing was on, but the back light was not, I could get it to work by not touching it for an hour or so, then plugging it into a computer, it would show connected, then I could play a song, then the back light would go out and not come on again, I got it to work by leaving it plugged in all night, then unplugging it, leaving it for a half hour, then it worked, and has worked fine since

Old 01-03-2007, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden View Post
I had this problem too, I could tell the thing was on, but the back light was not, I could get it to work by not touching it for an hour or so, then plugging it into a computer, it would show connected, then I could play a song, then the back light would go out and not come on again, I got it to work by leaving it plugged in all night, then unplugging it, leaving it for a half hour, then it worked, and has worked fine since
It means that one of your files is corrupted and won't play properly.
Thus you need to find that fle and delete it off.

You can reboot by holding the power button for 15 seconds.
AMPS: PA2v2

Old 03-05-2007, 10:56 AM

Unhappy oh god

same thing is happening to me i got mine yesterday it wont turn on but if i hold up to light i can see the song and it looks like its on pause

Old 04-23-2007, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
Hey,
I'm new to the site and to mp3 players in general.
I bought my sansa a couple of months ago and everything was fine. Today I was listening and i assume the battery died. I hooked up my usb port to my mp3 player and the "connected" screen that usually appears hasn't come on. The computer is suddenly not recognising the device at all. I can't get it to turn back on as the battery is dead. Anyone know what might be up? I've tried that 'hold button - record button - power button' trick and it's no good either!
So is it showing anything on the player (where normally "connected" is displayed, is there anything now? possibly "connecting"? Have you tried different USB ports, (the ones in the back of the computer).
If that doesn't work, try going to your device manager and checking to see if it is in there, under removable devices or something of the like. if it is, is there an exclamation point in yellow? If so try to uninstall the driver and reinstall it. (This is done by plugging the player back into your computer once the drivers are uninstalled.)

Old 12-23-2007, 11:39 AM

Smile Reboot worked for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsjong View Post
It means that one of your files is corrupted and won't play properly.
Thus you need to find that fle and delete it off.
You can reboot by holding the power button for 15 seconds.
I bought my Sansa e260 4GB in November, and have been very gentle with it. I was listening to it the other night when I noticed the battery was running low, so I plug it in to the wall charger while keeping the device on, which I've done many times before. All of a sudden it turns off and I could not get it to come back on. I also noticed that the back of the device was very hot, I thought it was fried or something. I didn't think that anything I tried was going to fix it, so I was dreading having to return it. Lo and behold, I hold the power button down for 15 secs and it seems to be working fine now. Hopefully, it will stay that way. I suspect perhaps one of my video files is corrupted. THANKS NSJONG!

Old 05-30-2009, 04:35 PM

My Sansa did the same thing as described by the OP. Found these posts, held power down for 15 sec --> THEN HIT THE POWER BUTTON ONE MORE TIME AFTER THAT --> and it's working perfectly now.

Thanks all.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:42 PM

2007, holy thread revival batmon

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 08-22-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhodgebot View Post
My Sansa did the same thing as described by the OP. Found these posts, held power down for 15 sec --> THEN HIT THE POWER BUTTON ONE MORE TIME AFTER THAT --> and it's working perfectly now.

Thanks all.

That was amazing...it worked for me. Thank you so much I was panicking. I had my mp3 player in the car hooked up to one of the casette converter things and it SHUT OFF. it would not display that it was charging on the computer or anything. you saved me