android
Old 09-05-2010, 05:23 PM

Thumb Up Creative Zen X-Fi 16GB SD Card Problem

So my problem is, I bought a 16GB SanDisk SDHC Card to increase the memory of my Creative Zen X-Fi 16GB, and there is a problem. Through the mp3 player's interface it recoginzed the memory card(and all of its info and what not) But when I plug the mp3 player(with the SD card in it) up to my PC, it does not recognize it. It doesn't say my Zen has more space, and I cannot access the card through My Computer. So, I thought I may need to take the card out of my Zen and plug it into a card reader and sync the music that way. My Computer recognizes it, but it will not let me access it. It suggests I format it, and when I accept it states that it cannot be formatted. And through Windows Media Player, it does not recognize the card either. (And according to Creative's homepage, my SDHC Card type IS supported.) I have been searching online for about 4 hours since I went and bought the card and I am desperate for help. Any help will do, Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-27-2010, 04:33 PM

To actually use the X-Fi as a SD Card reader you'll have to access the Memory card menu and choose "Removable disk" and then insert the USB cable. I think you can format it in the X-Fi too, and in that case you should do that.