android
Old 10-11-2010, 12:12 PM
ABI Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguemat View Post
And yes Zune has a spirit level, but my ZHD Spirit Level kicks the WP7 ones ass :P
So then when will we see your stuff in WP7 marketplace?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I have my fingers crossed that there'll be something awesome in store here... In the meantime, how long did the update take you? Cuz I'm going on 20 minutes at 99% right now... >=l

EDIT: That's the download files thing, not even installation.

Last edited by steinburger1109; 10-11-2010 at 12:49 PM.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
I have my fingers crossed that there'll be something awesome in store here... In the meantime, how long did the update take you? Cuz I'm going on 20 minutes at 99% right now... >=l

Mine D\Led in less than a minute and installed in about 3 minutes.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:40 PM

Both of my machines failed during installation. Is there anything new besides apps?

Old 10-11-2010, 01:44 PM

Zune software: It's faster now, more smoother, more stable then before & sync way faster just like iTunes.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiventa View Post
Both of my machines failed during installation. Is there anything new besides apps?
App and a few features for the phone but nothing for the Zune owner......Surprised? I think not.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoTen View Post
So then when will we see your stuff in WP7 marketplace?
It would be there on launch day except that i'm from Africa, and we aren't cool enough to be supported. So i'm busy trying to find an alternative way. PLEASE if anyone from MS(or anyone important from elsewhere:P) reads this and feels like being awesome, PLEASE PM me and help me out

One great positive for you ZuneHD users is that every XNA game/app I make for WP7(paid or free) I will commit myself to bringing to the ZHD platform where possible(like if it uses GPS then obviously not...)

But, I need to work out the country hurdle first :-/

Old 10-11-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post

Took mine a while to get past that part, but the rest should get done fast.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:16 PM

Wow... the Zune app marketplace is down & funny how Windows Phone 7 has more free apps then the Zune HD :O.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:42 PM

Finally got it installed on my W7 pc.... NOTHING NEW! Well aside from the WP7 apps. I was hoping for at least some new features. I've been wanting album ratings and member reviews for ages. They have em for apps, why not albums? iTunes has had em forever. The Zune software is still missing basic features that every other media player on the planet has.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:46 PM

for zune hd owners who aren't in the market for a new phone, I don't think today, and the next few weeks, are going to be very good...

Old 10-11-2010, 04:53 PM

The performance improvement is appreciated. I wont be getting a new phone for at least a year and I'll probably be sticking with Palm, so the WP7 app stuff is something I wish could be hidden. There are still some improvements to be made in the music catalog section that maybe they will get to since the phone stuff has been added.

There could be some benefit to ZHD users if the phone is successful in the future.
We may be red headed step children but we still liven in the house with the rest of the family.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmerrey View Post
for zune hd owners who aren't in the market for a new phone, I don't think today, next few weeks or months, are going to be very good...
There i edit your quote because it's the truth. knowing how the Zune team works in the past & now, we not going to see support for the Zune HD for a very long time like spring of next year?

Old 10-11-2010, 06:01 PM

Here's a theory: Zune will be launched in at least Asian Countries.

I have a ton of Asian music, and when a title included both Asian and alphabetical characters, the Asian characters showed up in a generic unicode font, while the alphabetical characters turned out bolded and matching with the rest of Zune Software's theme.

With this new release, both fonts seemed to have melded together, and it looks a lot better. Don't have any compare pictures as I just updated, but those are my 2 cents. As for the continued support for ZHD? I have no idea.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:31 PM

I dont know about FW updates, but im sure well continue to get new apps for a while, from what Dave has said, it seems like it will be easy for apps to be ported from WP7, infact i wouldnt be all to surprised if we got a few more this month, but dont get your hopes up. we may in fact see the end of support fairly soon, especially if MS decides to make a WP7 "touch" type device

Old 10-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguemat View Post
It would be there on launch day except that i'm from Africa, and we aren't cool enough to be supported. So i'm busy trying to find an alternative way. PLEASE if anyone from MS(or anyone important from elsewhere:P) reads this and feels like being awesome, PLEASE PM me and help me out
What's the problem here - does MS.com not allow downloading of the WP7 development kit in Africa? I'd be really surprised - if so, what else is the problem, and how can I help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindBandit View Post
Wow... the Zune app marketplace is down & funny how Windows Phone 7 has more free apps then the Zune HD :O.
Why is that funny? WP7 was marketed right from the beginning as supporting an open app development and submission process. Zune HD was marketed right from the beginning as NOT having an open app submission process. Seems about right to me - and you should prepare to see WAY more apps available for WP7, despite the fact that I'm continuing to work on bringing new content to Zune HD.

Cheers, Dave.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMac-MS View Post
What's the problem here - does MS.com not allow downloading of the WP7 development kit in Africa? I'd be really surprised - if so, what else is the problem, and how can I help?
No, I can get the tools just fine along with everything needed. The problem is registering on the marketplace. There is a limited list of countries and South Africa is not one of them. This means that I would a) have to lie about most of the details(and I have read that they do actually check) and b) 30% tax is taken off because I would not have a valid tax number. And finally, actually getting the money wouldn't work out too well either.

How could you help? I have no clue

Old 10-12-2010, 06:57 AM

Dave-

Can you confirm that there are planned firmware updates for Zune
and that there will be more in the future?

Old 10-12-2010, 07:24 AM
Windows Phone Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMac-MS View Post
you should prepare to see WAY more apps available for WP7, despite the fact that I'm continuing to work on bringing new content to Zune HD.
Cheers, Dave.
Do you still get a LITTLE bit pissed when you speak to your counterparts in the WP7 team with all those extra staff, resourcing and work going into their APP store vs what you have to work with for Zune HD..... A little bit like that Aussie athlete smiling at winning her silver or bronze....whilst her teammate is standing on top of the dais above them with gold

Old 10-12-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubi79 View Post
Dave-

Can you confirm that there are planned firmware updates for Zune
and that there will be more in the future?

This would feel reassuring to hear.