android
Old 10-12-2010, 07:23 PM

Default bluetooth headset

i was wondering that since i usually only use the right side of my earbuds(school,fear of not hearing something ) and i hate having the wires tugged,pulled,etc..... when i'm at home i'll just use my regular earbuds

i thought these should be a good idea no:
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...HM1500JBACXAR?

i know they're for phones but for my needs they will work perfect(it think),i can clip it and not worry too much,the thing i don't get is will it sound really weird, since it's only using one earphone

as long as the battery for the P3 last more than 6-7 hours then i'm good

note:anyone know if they're designed for the left or right ear----or both

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-12-2010, 10:00 PM

If you were thinking you would use this with a P3, forget about it. It simply will not work. This device supports the HFP bluetooth profile and from the very limited information on the website, there are no claims of supporting A2DP (That's what you need to get audio out of the P3) The P3 can act as a HFP device but can not transmit to one. Jabra and a select few other companies make a A2DP mono headset but if a particular headset doesn't say it supports A2DP, it is extremely unlikely to be of value to a P3 user.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:44 AM

http://www.jr.com/sony-ericsson/pe/E...ductTabDetails

would this one work since it said "For use with devices incorporating Bluetooth Headset or Handsfree profiles"

u know if it supports A2DP?

do u have any reconmindations for a good one uner $35

Old 10-14-2010, 06:50 AM

You're missiing the point...supporting Headset (HS) and Handsfree (HFP) meast exactly what it states. HS and HFP are not A2DP. There is HS, HFP, and A2DP. They are separate. A headset can have all three but if it is not stated as A2DP, it is 99.99% likely to not have it.

Google mono A2DP headset. The ones you find after inspecting their specs will be the ones who support it. Picking something you like and asking me if it is what you need ain't going to get you what you want. Search for what you need and pick from what is available.

One such example is the Jabra BT8040 . Here is a review of said headset:
http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=4245

The Jabra Stone is another A2DP mono headset.

Mono BT headsets that support A2DP are not on the inexpensive range of Mono headsets. You get more so you will pay more. You may be able to find old stock of some other BT headset or a cheap chinese BT headset on ebay.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:00 PM

might just wait till i have more money or try and get Sony Ericsson vh700

Old 10-14-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms209 View Post
might just wait till i have more money or try and get Sony Ericsson vh700
Get it....it's absolutely worthless for use with a P3 but if that's what you want, do it. Seems kinda dumb. I tried to help you but you seem hell bent on ignoring every word I say and doing what you want regardless of any warnings. The VH700 is a HS & HFP headset. It doesn't do A2DP. If you actually read the specs for this headset, you would know that. What part of "THE P3 DOES NOT TRANSMIT AUDIO OUT VIA HS OR HFP" do you not get. It uses HFP and HS to talk to mobile phones to be used as a headset itsself! Period.

I've wasted enough time with you. There's no talking to a stone so go ahead and do whatever you want. Save up your money and buy something that doesn't do what you want. I am looking forward to your disappointment when you get it.

Last edited by pgh1969pa; 10-14-2010 at 08:39 PM.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh1969pa View Post
Get it....it's absolutely worthless for use with a P3 but if that's what you want, do it. Seems kinda dumb. I tried to help you but you seem hell bent on ignoring every word I say and doing what you want regardless of any warnings. The VH700 is a HS & HFP headset. It doesn't do A2DP. If you actually read the specs for this headset, you would know that. What part of "THE P3 DOES NOT TRANSMIT AUDIO OUT VIA HS OR HFP" do you not get. It uses HFP and HS to talk to mobile phones to be used as a headset itsself! Period.

I've wasted enough time with you. There's no talking to a stone so go ahead and do whatever you want. Save up your money and buy something that doesn't do what you want. I am looking forward to your disappointment when you get it.
sorry for all that,i thought i read somewhere that it did sorry...... well i did find some

anyways these WILL! work so thanks(even though your annoyed)

http://www.amazon.com/Cellular-Innov...8MNJKS50QR22X4

Old 10-14-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
sorry for all that,i thought i read somewhere that it did sorry......
Well, you didn't read it from Sony Ericsson:
http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/prod...ications/vh700

Quote:
anyways these WILL! work so thanks(even though your annoyed)

http://www.amazon.com/Cellular-Innov...8MNJKS50QR22X4
Yes, they will.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:57 AM

alright thanks for the help.....bought some wired ones as well just in case i don't like the bluetooth ones