android
Old 10-13-2010, 09:15 PM

Default Only 4 hours into having a zune pass and im already pissed off

So i just got a zune pass for my zune hd. I can stream music to my computer with the software but i cant stream music from the marketplace (or smart dj) on my zune hd or on the website. I get a error message "can't stream this song, possibly because you are already streaming at another location". thats a great error message. tried looking it on online and only found that people restarted their computers and players millions of times some times even wiping their devices clean and that only worked some times. so i decided to call zune support well spent an hour and a half with them. trying to explain the problem and then i get put on hold for most of the time only to be told hes not sure on how to fix it. seems like the zune pass is a waste of money. I loved the idea of it but the implementation of its just is atrocious. I had been pleased with my Zune up until now.
Vegeta-You know, on second thought Nappa, catch it catch it with your teeth

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-13-2010, 09:25 PM

That is too bad that you are having problems because streaming with the Zune Pass is very nice. I do it quite often.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:28 PM

ive gotten that error before, it seems like it happens when youve been streaming from the computer for a while, and i dont know how to stop it from happening, but give it some time. it seems like there is no correlation with the end of the problem and stopping streaming, but i would suggest stop all streaming, and make sure that your device and computer are playing locally stored songs (you can pause or stop them, just do this to make sure they know they arent streaming) then wait for a while. that seems to work for me, but you never know. besides i never thought it was that big of a deal, it still lets me download songs, so if i really want to hear them i just do that, or if i dont care that much, i just listen to the music i already have until the problem clears up.

As for tech support i have found them to be completely useless about 50% of the time. i called them about the same issue twice, the first time i was connected to somewhere in india (i assume) and was on the phone for over an hour and nothing was resolved, i called back earlier today, got a MS agent, and he fixed the problem in under 10 minutes.

I hope this helps, good luck, and have a little patience

Last edited by Mr. Popo; 10-13-2010 at 09:37 PM.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:38 PM

There's been all kinds of streaming problems on social.zune.net the past few weeks. I can only get it to work half the time. Are you getting that same error on the device?

Old 10-13-2010, 10:16 PM

Interesting - I also got a zune pass this month and had this problem but only briefly. I didn't do any streaming of any kind either. All I did was "subscribe" to a channel, then wireless sync it to my zune. I restarted my zune and then the problem went away.

For the record, I've had the zune pass for about 7 days now and don't plan on re-subscribing. It just seems like too much of a hassle because I'm always feeling like I need to make the most of it and forever search for new music without ever really listening to it. I was perfectly happy just using RadioSure

Old 10-13-2010, 10:18 PM

Machiventa yeah i get the same error on zune.net and on my zune hd. Mr. Popo i probably would not be so angry if this had happened to me after a few weeks of getting a zune pass but it happened like a little over 2 hours after getting it. the other thing is i dont sync my zune very often, i thought it was great i could just get songs right from my zune. It was one of the main appeals of the pass to me.
Vegeta-You know, on second thought Nappa, catch it catch it with your teeth

Old 10-14-2010, 07:53 AM

I understand, if you think zune pass is just going to frustrate you, then i would just get rid of it. Theres no point of paying for something thats not going to make things better for you. Not everyone likes zune pass, and thats one of the reasons its not as popular as itunes.

Tags
stream, support, zune hd, zune pass