android
Old 10-16-2010, 09:26 PM

Default Avoiding Conversion?

So, I'm tired of all the audio conversion happening whenever I sync new music to my WALKMAN. My music is about 50/50, meaning 50% doesn't need to be converted, and the other 50% does.

I noticed the only files that are getting converted are the files under 128kbs. Anything over does not get converted. So am I right in assuming it must be at least 128 kbs to play on the WALKMAN?

I don't need the files to by high quality. They are just speech audio files, so I don't care much for the quality, just want to make this syncing process shortened.

So, my question is this: is there a way to avoid the conversion, or should I just use a standard converter to convert all my files so they are at least 128kbs so I won't have to go through this each time I sync?

I sync a lot because I remove the old files and add new ones constantly. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

What format are the files?

Old 10-16-2010, 09:32 PM

Additionally to Marvin's question, what app are you using to get stuff onto your player?

Old 10-16-2010, 09:39 PM

They are mp3 and using WMP. Just downloaded Media Monkey, but not sure if that will fix my problem.. ?

Old 10-16-2010, 10:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

That sounds like a WMP issue. There are many settings in it that can cause havoc if not disabled. It's no coincidence that the vast majority of us here don't use it. MediaMonkey is certainly an upgrade, but even with that, you need to make sure the player settings are correct. There's a learning curve with it, but it's a great program.

Last edited by Marvin the Martian; 10-16-2010 at 10:14 PM.