android
Old 10-17-2010, 10:15 AM

Default 4.7 Software Update - What changed?

On a large scale, obviously, the major change with new software update is the support for Windows Phone 7. However, there are at least several nuances that have changed with the operation of Zune software. Here's what I've found so far, anyone see anything else?:

1. Seems to load faster (better)
2. When double clicking on a song in the SONGS view, it takes a good 10 seconds before the song will play, before it was almost instantaneous. This is not an issue if you use the >> to select to go to the next song (worse)
3. The font is slightly different (smaller) in the heading (neutral)
4. Synching seems faster (better)

There have to be more changes. Very disappointed they didn't fix the "Date Last Played" tag. The software still has no idea WHEN you last played a song on the device.

Last edited by Cruleworld; 10-17-2010 at 10:45 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

I haven't had an issue getting songs to play instantly when double clicked. So far, the main things I've noticed are the different font, and that MP4 videos don't have stuttering issues anymore.

Add the ability to que up multiple video files, rather than one at a time, and you'll have a solid basic media player.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:47 PM
Zune Moderator

You said firmware and the 4.7 firmware hasn't been released yet so I think you meant software so I changed it to say that.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:16 PM

- It now says "drag and drop things here to sync with your device" above the device icon when a device is connected
- Under Pictures you can now share and edit photos with your Windows Live photo gallery and also create a movie with your pictures (via Movie Maker) (unless I missed this before)
- Videos can now be sorted by DRM-free and Purchased (unless I missed this before)
- When you right-click an album the "sync with device" was moved a little farther up the list
- I now get an option to "use song credit" on certain albums when I right-click them (Zune Pass only)

Seems like there's a couple other minor things aside from what you guys mentioned. It definitely syncs WAY QUICKER now. The software seems to lock up/freeze a bit more now though.