android
Old 12-18-2011, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predelnik View Post
You can still use the playlists if you make them yourself and put it somewhere outside rockbox dir, just through the file browser.
Indeed, but in the next rom I will release (in a few) this is fixed

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-18-2011, 11:31 AM

Okay guys. Here you can find another version of the modded ROM. Apart fixings small issues and removing unnecessary SDL libs, it also adds the possibility to autostart rockbox. Moreover, after disconnecting the cable in Safe Mode, the player will automatically turn off.

Here the link for the ROM: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38710278/R0.ROM
Here the link for a new RB loader, which solves the Playlist folder issue: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38710278/rockbox_loader.sh

To autostart rockbox, inverting the central key holding-at-startup behaviour, please put an empty file named exactly "autostart_RB" in the R0's root
If you have troubles, just use this ready to use file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38710278/autostart_RB

Last edited by Lorenz092; 12-18-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Old 12-18-2011, 01:59 PM

Ace

Thanks alot

Old 12-18-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
To autostart rockbox, inverting the central key holding-at-startup behaviour, please put an empty file named exactly "autostart_RB" in the R0's root
If you have troubles, just use this ready to use file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38710278/autostart_RB
Thanks, that's really nice feature, though it's a little annoying to hold it anytime when i want to connect it to usb, too.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Thanks, that's really nice feature, though it's a little annoying to hold it anytime when i want to connect it to usb, too.
Everything working nicely now with the new version. Thanks a lot Lorenzo et al. Its really great to have RB startup directly.

I just need some clarification re: charging & syncing.
To connect to the computer, booting to R0 is mandatory. No problem there.
But since connectin the usb cable triggers booting RB as well, I was wondering if it can be effectively charged with RB on, either connected to the computer or to an AC powered USB charger.

Thanks again!

Old 12-19-2011, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alito View Post
Everything working nicely now with the new version. Thanks a lot Lorenzo et al. Its really great to have RB startup directly.

I just need some clarification re: charging & syncing.
To connect to the computer, booting to R0 is mandatory. No problem there.
But since connectin the usb cable triggers booting RB as well, I was wondering if it can be effectively charged with RB on, either connected to the computer or to an AC powered USB charger.

Thanks again!
It was already mentioned here, that it can be charged with rb on but if you're not listening to anything it will turn off (if corresponding option is enabled ofc).

Old 12-19-2011, 05:35 AM

Quote:
It was already mentioned here, that it can be charged with rb on but if you're not listening to anything it will turn off (if corresponding option is enabled ofc).
Exactly
We still need to implement the battery monitoring + power management....
I have not much time now, exams are closer and closer hehe

Old 12-19-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
No, I have it disabled... I keep tinkering with RB (not so much now), so I prefer to switch it off manually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
Exactly
We still need to implement the battery monitoring + power management....
I have not much time now, exams are closer and closer hehe
Well, thank you both! So far, that's all what I need. Since life battery is not so long with RB, I try to charge my r0 once or twice a day. Avoiding booting the original software can be done (until updating RB ).

Old 12-20-2011, 05:59 AM

Constantly player freezes, reboots cleared all the settings are always system checking. All the old settings and playlists do not work with this new version of rockbox and moded firmware. So it should be? While I believe that the old version was better. The final version lebellium Samsung-like me at all broken. Autostart_RB only works with the latest version?And as we now delete files directly from the player? For now, if you click on this button, the main menu ...

Last edited by zema; 12-20-2011 at 06:14 AM.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:27 AM

Firmware super. Playlists work. You can choose which folder keep playlists (click on a folder-> Playlist Catalogue-> Set As Playlist ...). If you wish to view the files on your computer, go to the saved mode or transfer "autosrart_rb" to another folder (back again).
Sorry for my English, used an translater.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:39 AM

@zema
to sync your R0 with your computer to add or delete music & files, you have to boot to the original firmware. To do this with the "autostart_RB" file, just press the play button after starting it, and wait until the old main screen appears. Just as we did to start RB before the autoloader file.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alito View Post
@zema
to sync your R0 with your computer to add or delete music & files, you have to boot to the original firmware. To do this with the "autostart_RB" file, just press the play button after starting it, and wait until the old main screen appears. Just as we did to start RB before the autoloader file.
No, you do not understand me, probably my english is very bad, too, use a translator. In the old version of RB you can delete, rename, edit files, folders directly in the player without connecting it to computer. And now without a computer, none of this can be done.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:21 PM

You can. Choose a file or folder for a long time pressing the center button.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely_soul View Post
You can. Choose a file or folder for a long time pressing the center button.
Ok,thanks,i understand. But I have already put an older version of RB ...

Old 12-20-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zema View Post
No, you do not understand me, probably my english is very bad, too, use a translator. In the old version of RB you can delete, rename, edit files, folders directly in the player without connecting it to computer. And now without a computer, none of this can be done.
Ok, now I see what you mean! I didn't like that either.
The rockbox folder did appear with the previous version, but the .rockbox folder, does not. (WHY THIS HAPPENS--IT'S A MISTERY. Lorenzo, any light there???)

However I managed to get to there adding a shortcut to the .rockbox folder. (It was easy: I already had a shortcut to the folder without the "dot": adding a dot worked nicely, I got to the .rockbox folder & edit/delete anything).

If this odd behaviour stays in future versions, this allows to edit the config files etc. which is really necessary, since RB allows you to edit any txt file.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:44 PM

Hehe, files/folders starting with "." are considered hidden in any linux, if I remember right

Old 12-21-2011, 03:38 AM
Rockbox Developer

Just change the "Show files" setting to all. Directories with dots are considered hidden on Linux. .rockbox is hidden to prevent novice users from doing damage to their Rockbox installation

Old 12-21-2011, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrixx View Post
Hehe, files/folders starting with "." are considered hidden in any linux, if I remember right
Ouch! Dumb me, absolute linux ignorant!! (mac os ignorant, as well, if that is an excuse)

Last edited by alito; 12-21-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:04 PM

Lorenz092, how to change the settings now a graphic equalizer?? It was like before, so you can see the band of frequencies? Why do was change the values ​​of the buttons?

Last edited by zema; 12-21-2011 at 02:11 PM.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:46 PM

Yes it seems like for now graphical EQ is unusable, i tried every key with long and short presses but nothing is changing.

Tags
r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0