android
Old 04-03-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martus0 View Post
Loren092 thanks for your work and clarification, I belive this RFS layer is responsible for silence before playback as well. I have set starting playback at player startup, but after boot I can see WPS but I have to wait about 2 seconds to hear sound. Morover is there any way to show up catalog .rockbox under rockbox firmware?
Of course! Just go to filebrowser settings and then enable hidden files as well
General settings->File view->Show files->All and you're done

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-03-2012, 10:02 AM

right, I didnt think about looking for it in filebrowser option. I realised a couple minutes ago that problem with waiting for playback is only when music is playing from sd card, playback from internal memory is almost instant.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
Just to be more precise, are you using RockBox? Thanks
Yes, Rockbox

Old 04-10-2012, 11:50 AM

Hi Lorenzo (& lebellium)
I've just installed the last FM RB (& lebellium's pretty Theme) - and it is great! FM random shutdowns I experienced 2-3 times per day doesn't occur any more, wow! Just the battery seems to go down faster and I miss the "lock buttons" command in radio.
Now I'm testing it with downclocked cpu, maybe it can improve a bit (but on ssung FM the impr. was very little, if any).
Thanks for your great work & thx for the hint to lebellium

Old 04-10-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkinx View Post
Hi Lorenzo (& lebellium)
I've just installed the last FM RB (& lebellium's pretty Theme) - and it is great! FM random shutdowns I experienced 2-3 times per day doesn't occur any more, wow! Just the battery seems to go down faster and I miss the "lock buttons" command in radio.
Now I'm testing it with downclocked cpu, maybe it can improve a bit (but on ssung FM the impr. was very little, if any).
Thanks for your great work & thx for the hint to lebellium
Filesystem corrupt for battery life: just do a scandisk

Old 04-10-2012, 04:01 PM

Help...

Everything was fine running Rockbox but suddenly it started "System Checking" every time I turn it on. I've tried Resetting but it's made no difference.

It doesn't matter if I boot into Rockbox or start up with the Samsung Operating system it does it every time and is really annoying.

Edit

I've just deleted the last MP3 I loaded and the System checking has stopped a s suddenly as it started.

Last edited by Jon_B; 04-10-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_B View Post
I've just deleted the last MP3 I loaded and the System checking has stopped a s suddenly as it started.
You probably loaded a Justin Bieber song or something like that. It is well-known that the R0 only accepts quality music

Old 04-11-2012, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Filesystem corrupt for battery life: just do a scandisk
? are you sure? I believed it was for a natural decay of battery performance after 2,5 years of daily charging (sometimes twice a day)..
Anyway, I have formatted (from ssung sys menu) the player before the last update. Isn't it enough? I hope so - or you'll be asked to add the scandisk utility to your boot options
(dear Lorenzo, my YP has bad USB issues, I have spent 4 hours to make it connected for the time needed to transfer the files: I'll not risk to run the scandisk of disconnecting ext disk... Fortunately now I'm back with RB player and I can copy the updates via RB File manager from SD, I'm just wondering about how to manage this way the future RB updates)

thx again to all - and, pls, give us the missing "lock" button to FM (and, maybe, the presets management too - btw, I've lost the presets, I don't know why, but it re-run scan, so I'm ok) and it'll be perfect

Old 04-11-2012, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkinx View Post
? are you sure? I believed it was for a natural decay of battery performance after 2,5 years of daily charging (sometimes twice a day)..
Anyway, I have formatted (from ssung sys menu) the player before the last update. Isn't it enough? I hope so - or you'll be asked to add the scandisk utility to your boot options
(dear Lorenzo, my YP has bad USB issues, I have spent 4 hours to make it connected for the time needed to transfer the files: I'll not risk to run the scandisk of disconnecting ext disk... Fortunately now I'm back with RB player and I can copy the updates via RB File manager from SD, I'm just wondering about how to manage this way the future RB updates)

thx again to all - and, pls, give us the missing "lock" button to FM (and, maybe, the presets management too - btw, I've lost the presets, I don't know why, but it re-run scan, so I'm ok) and it'll be perfect
Eh that's no good...Indeed the usb connector wasn't designed at best on this model. The only suggestion is, if in the future won't work at all, to resolder carefully the internal contacts!

For the FM radio keylock, actually rockbox doesn't support that in the radio fm context
Preset management is there, check it out (maybe I misunderstood your question).

Old 04-11-2012, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Preset management is there, check it out (maybe I misunderstood your question).
checked & found. (stupid me). & found it nice and rather complete.
for the poor YP - I'll try keep it alive as long as possible. even by soldering, if necessary. for that I agree with lebellium - with RB it is another player

ps
errata corrige - checked lebelliums disass shots: I definitely will not solder the usb contacts by myself

Last edited by inkinx; 04-11-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:59 AM

Quote:
You probably loaded a Justin Bieber song or something like that. It is well-known that the R0 only accepts quality music
Justin who?

Actually it was Bach's Brandenburg Concerto No1. Obviously my RO doesn't have a particularly good sense of taste.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:42 AM

Any news since beginnig of month? Sorry for my curiosity.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:50 AM
Samsung Moderator

The news is here: http://gerrit.rockbox.org/r/#/c/210/
The FM patch is ready but Kugel won't commit it until Lorenzo prepares the kernel module.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:40 AM

When I charge my battery it's 99%, never 100%, after unplug in few seconds it falls down to 98%. Do you have the same behaviour with battery?

Old 04-17-2012, 06:08 AM

Quote:
When I charge my battery it's 99%, never 100%, after unplug in few seconds it falls down to 98%. Do you have the same behaviour with battery?
Ditto, here. Apparently, at top charge it always reads 99%.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Indeed. Something to fix. In fact, if you charge it using the OF, rockbox will then indicate 100% (also if you need to consider that is not 100% accurate within the first minute after the boot...)

Old 04-18-2012, 09:04 AM

Lorenz092 I hope it could be easy to fix it and one more question to all, do you have to wait about 2-3 seconds from between choose mp3 file from micro sd card to play and listen to it? Or it's only happend to me and I should scandisk, format o replace my card?

Old 04-18-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
do you have to wait about 2-3 seconds from between choose mp3 file from micro sd card to play and listen to it? Or it's only happend to me and I should scandisk, format o replace my card?
It's not only you as mine does exactly the same from a variety of Micro SD cards. The larger the file the longer the delay before it starts playing.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:07 AM

Curiosity: Have ever noticed that rockbox has got changed channels left is right, right is left

Old 04-19-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Have ever noticed that rockbox has got changed channels left is right, right is left
It's not reversed on mine. The channels are set correctly.

Tags
r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0