android
Old 07-24-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Good news for you guys
I tried a normal upgrade from fw 2.30 to this LRv3.5c1 fw...
It worked OK for me, too.
Just three comments about the new fw.

1. Safe mode screen shows version 2.20 of the modded software. Is it an intended step back or just a glitch...

2. When disconnecting USB after safe mode the R0 does not turn off, I had to use the reset button. It was more convenient before. I also use safe-mode a lot, mainly to copy music.

3. Finally, any instructions to roll back to 2.30 (just in case)

Thanks a lot lebellium and all the team!

Last edited by alito; 07-24-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-24-2012, 07:18 PM

Follows my previous post:
I have noticed that the strange click-pop sounds when changing tracks is still present in files stored in flash. NOT with those in the SD card. EDIT: Only with wma, not mp3 or ape or flac, and BOTH in flash and SD card.

Also, I suspect shutdown is a tad slower (not that it really matters).

Thanks again

ps: the sounds seem to be part of the track, a really very short one, not electrostatic clicking or popping or hissing. Tried it with a Bach record, where every track was in a different key, and so were the sounds! Upon further research, repetition of a short fragment of the track is most likely.

Last edited by alito; 07-24-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:36 AM

@alito:
1) I used a modded version of lorenzo safe mode. In the final release i add the shutdown and all other features of modfirm 2.30. See my last post: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...&postcount=820

2) Read point 1

3) Copy R0.ROM in nand and reboot

If you send me a track i can try to correct the bug (if it's really a bug).

Old 07-25-2012, 04:38 AM

Just flashed final version and everything seems to be fine, didn't encounter any strange sound so far. I have different question, have you noticed that rockbox at max volume is quieter than OF at max volume, is there any way to change (fix) it?

Old 07-25-2012, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanniX View Post
@alito:
1) I used a modded version of lorenzo safe mode. In the final release i add the shutdown and all other features of modfirm 2.30. See my last post: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...&postcount=820
2) Read point 1
3) Copy R0.ROM in nand and reboot
If you send me a track i can try to correct the bug (if it's really a bug).
Thanks a lot VanniX.

I followed your instructions and all is good. However, the safe mode screen still shows v. 2.20 (not 2.30). Should it be this way? Is there a place to check what ROM version is installed?

The short sound after manually changing WMA tracks (SD and NAND) is still present, not when tracks change automatically (shuffle on/off).

Also, I think the volume seems to be higher now again.

Finally, I have a question regarding the sys.cfg file. Are ther any instructions/ regarding the part "Autoexec script in /mnt/mmc/autoexec at startup"?

Thanks again and looking foward to your updates.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:59 AM

@Martus0:
For max volume you should ask to rockbox dev. However you can increase "Master" volume in alsa server. You can edit "rockbox_loader.sh" in your neoghost partition. Find the alsa config lines and try to edit it (if you set 100% audio output can be very biased).

@alito
The safe mode screen is only an image. I copied it from last lorenzo's firmware.
You can check version in the header of .ROM file that you have flashed. However in final version there isn't mods dir in etc (you can check with rockbox file manager)

For autoexec you can simply put your personal script in your mmc card (microsd) in a dir called "autoexec". Now if you enable this feature your script will run at startup.
This feature is similar than the other created in the first modified firmware.

If you send me your wma track i can test them.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:42 AM

VanniX
thanks for your answer. I was wondering if the ROM version could be checked within the R0.

What language should the scripts be written? ...LUA?

As for the WMA files, most of mine are encoded with Quintessential or dBpoweramp. i am uploading a couple of them with different bitrate, so you can check changing tracks (https://rapidshare.com/files/566351741/wma tracks.rar).

Thanks again

Old 07-25-2012, 08:45 AM

Hm, for some reason I can't copy practically anything to my R0 when I boot into safe mod.
After 30-60s the player just disconnects from my computer O_o Tryed both Linux and Win7.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:48 AM

Mr.Frost,
I had the same issue, for some days; it was a pain when copying large music folders. But I blamed my USB connection (my daughter's BlackBerry phone wouldn't hold the connection also). I changed to another USB port, and so far it is working ok. It stays on until I disconnect it.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:53 AM
Samsung Moderator

Indeed, we are aware of that annoying issue.
VanniX will investigate it and release a new ROM tonight.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:00 AM

@alito,
My phone (Also from Samsung) keeps the connection till I disconnect it. But R0 not.
And yes, I noticed that the shutdown on this firmware takes much longer time than in the 2.30, too.
I measured start up and shutdown times and got 8 s for start up and 6 s for shutdown. On 2.30 it took a second or two for shutdown.
@Vannix,
I drawn an image for Safe mode, it looks simple and clear. If you like it please use it for Safe mode screen.
Attached Images
File Type: png Safe Mode 2.png (11.7 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Mr.Frost; 07-25-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:53 PM

@alito
@Mr.Frost
@lebellium
@all_other..

I updated this post:
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...&postcount=820

Important news:
Fixed safe mode (more than 1hour of test - no problems found)
Added auto enter in safe mode when player is off and you connect to pc (this option is also selectable in sys.cfg file).

Old 07-25-2012, 06:23 PM

Well, it worked like a charm.

Auto enter in safe mode is so convenient (alt least, until USB is 100% operative). However, it does not auto-off when disconnected (but it re-connects to PC if you plug the USB connector again which I think did not occur before--and I did try it!).

Great work everybody!

Old 07-25-2012, 07:18 PM

After flashing with new LightROM 4.1,
I can confirm that it does not auto-off when disconnected from your PC, you must switch-off it manually.
Anyway, Rockbox is much faster!! Congratulations.

Regards

Old 07-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Samsung Moderator

Ok it seems to work well, thanks VanniX

@alito and acus: it is normal the auto-shutdown in Safe Mode doesn't work anymore as we had to revert-back to the Safe Mode of fw 2.20. Safe Mode of fw 2.30 is unfortunately too unstable.
USB stability is more important than the autoshutdown. Of course, both together would be better...maybe in a next version

Last edited by lebellium; 07-25-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:13 AM

Ok maybe i'll try this build tonight too, though auto-off would be very nice, but anyway when i was using OF for connecting, there was library updating after each disconnect and that was taking a lot of time.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:43 AM

At the moment auto shutdown can't be added in safe mode, for auto shutdown i must add a check that lead to the crash of storage module.
So, as lebellium said, and considering that safe mode is the only way to connect r0 to pc, we prefer a "stable" safe mode instead of a "cool" safe mode.
For shutdown you must hold power for 10 sec or push the reset button.

@Mr.Frost:
Thank you for the img, but we prefer to use the same logo for all roms. Changing, when necessary, only the rom name. We can better organize and release new roms faster.

Thank you all for using this LightROM

Old 07-26-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
It is normal the auto-shutdown in Safe Mode doesn't work anymore as we had to revert-back to the Safe Mode of fw 2.20. Safe Mode of fw 2.30 is unfortunately too unstable.
USB stability is more important than the autoshutdown. Of course, both together would be better...maybe in a next version
I totally agree. At least, pressing the power button for 10 seconds is more convenient than prodding the reset button!!

Thanks again.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:51 PM

Excellent, thanks.
I still get the "cracking" noise when I advance a track or change songs with Flac, Mp3 and WMA. But the rest seems great. Faster and auto safe mode on PC. Brill'

Old 07-26-2012, 02:31 PM

wtf.. I can't hear that ""cracking noise"". I also tried alito's wma track, but i can't hear anything strange.. :S

Tags
r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0