android
Old 01-02-2013, 04:11 AM

There are no particular advantages but is better if you use line out instead of earphone for car stereo and old audio amplifier. I'll make a "demo" cable, and you can see how it works.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-03-2013, 09:31 AM

Audio JIG:
Note:
Audio quality on JIG output using ear/headphones is very poor, because audio signal is not correctly amplified for this use. This is designed only for audio amplifier, car stereo, amplified audio speakers, TV, etc..

Note_2:
Audio and UART JIGs are only supported from LightROM4.6B1 (beta versions will be soon available).

Connections:
MicroUSB _____ JIG_Board
VCC __________ Mic [ Not Wired ]
D- ____________ Jack CH_1
D+ ____________Jack CH_2
ID ____________ R_Pin0 [ R = 1MΩ = 1000kΩ ]
GND __________ Jack GND - R_Pin1
GND __________ GND

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21543264/YP-...-Type1_000.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21543264/YP-...-Type1_001.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21543264/YP-...-Type1_002.jpg

Last edited by VanniX; 01-03-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:35 PM

Wow! looks great. Can we buy somewhere this cable or it's only to DIY? With the new firmware does it start working just when we plug the cable in? BTW Have you solved a mystery of R0's battery?

Last edited by Martus0; 01-03-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martus0 View Post
Wow! looks great. Can we buy somewhere this cable or it's only to DIY? With the new firmware does it start working just when we plug the cable in? BTW Have you solved a mystery of R0's battery?
I'm not sure you can find this cable around, it's really something that we found out (a feature of the "minivet" chip aka usb port controller)
But since it is a common chip (it is used also in many other phones as far I know) you *might* be able to find a similar one around...

The new firmware adds the automatic checking, yes. It's not related to rockbox, altough it could be (but it is far better handling this using interrupts, something that by definition needs to be in the kernel side).

The battery is now okat with latest firmwares. The problem was due to the lack of a module, stripped for space and perfomances but indeed was "crucial" -> Samsung source code for it doesn't seem to be actually reflecting module's functionality (?! lol ?!)

Old 01-04-2013, 07:42 AM

For a long time I was using the random folder advance plug-in (at the end of an album the R0 played another (random) album automatically.)
Since the latest update I can't get it to work any more and yet I haven't changed anything that I recall. Have you tested it?

Old 01-06-2013, 08:40 AM

Would something like this work do you think? Sorry about the double post but as it has nothing to do with my previous question and that no-one has answered ...

Last edited by Appick; 01-06-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appick View Post
For a long time I was using the random folder advance plug-in (at the end of an album the R0 played another (random) album automatically.)
Since the latest update I can't get it to work any more and yet I haven't changed anything that I recall. Have you tested it?
How is it supposed to work? When I select "generate folder list" it never stops adding folders (more than 200 000), mainly Rockbox folders. I don't see the point of this plugin if it can't just use subfolders in "Music" folder.

Old 01-06-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
How is it supposed to work? When I select "generate folder list" it never stops adding folders (more than 200 000), mainly Rockbox folders. I don't see the point of this plugin if it can't just use subfolders in "Music" folder.
Perhaps I should have mentioned it before. I noticed that "generate folder list" never stops so I stop it manually after a bit. Afterwards I choose quit at the bottom of the menu. I've never understood the list that is generated but it does (or did) randomly select any album on the R0 or on the SD card at the end of the previously played album. And since it did what I wanted it to do I didn't look further - until now! It only works with the database enabled but you have to choose the first album to listen to from the file browser. Go figure!

Old 01-06-2013, 04:15 PM

The problem arises from /proc and /sys linux special mount points. Can be non-ending recursive...Perhaps will be nice to exclude them globally in rockbox, I will discuss with developers about that later on too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appick View Post

Would something like this work do you think? Sorry about the double post but as it has nothing to do with my previous question and that no-one has answered ...
Yes it should But i cannot guarantee since I don't see the internal resistor value (of course...). Again, since this is a standard "chip" it works 99%! Wait for VanniX confirmation in case

Old 01-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
Yes it should But i cannot guarantee since I don't see the internal resistor value (of course...). Again, since this is a standard "chip" it works 99%! Wait for VanniX confirmation in case
Are the pins on these things actually standardized by anyone? I wouldn't be surprised if different devices had different wiring.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:46 AM

@Appick @Lorenz092 @saratoga
MicroUSB pinout is standard for all devices. MicroUSB accessories and resistor values are standard for most Samsung devices. So, in the minivet driver, we add support not only for my DIY cables, but also for most important standard accessories.
However, there are 3 types of audio JIGs:
Type 1 (Supported)
Type 1 with mic and remote (Supported, but only Line_OUT - No mic - No Remote Control)
Type 2 (Unsupported - bacause i can't find any schematics)

So, if you can measure the resistance value between pin 4 (ID) and 5 (GND) i can tell you if it's already supported or i have to add support in kernel. Obviously only if the other wires are connected as described in my post above (D+ and D- to the audio channels).

@saratoga:
This is not HW, but SW standardization, because for all accessories/cables you always use USB_D+ and USB_D- pins. The purpose of this pins are defined by the kernel, that read a resistor (through an ADC) between pin 4 and 5 (ID and GND) of microUSB.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post

Oops, sorry guys.

I've just realised that I hadn't Auto-change directory on Random. It must have been cancelled on the last update!
Now it works. Thanks lebellium for having a look.
There might still be a bug with "generate folder list" 'though.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:29 PM

Default LightROM 4.6 "Final X"

LightROM 4.6 "Final X"
LAST UPDATE: 2013 01 21

Version 4.6 Final X has been released!
The only "rockbox only" ROM. Automatic installer, support for usb mode and usb serial, no additional files needed, all for less than 13MB!
You'll need only the ROM and .rockbox dir. Boot in about 12 seconds and flash in less than 90 seconds! The only one with these features! Try it!

ROM Info:
Version : LightROM for Rockbox Port - Ver 4.6 Final X
Release_Code : 20130110-LRv4.6FX || Host : VanniX-IBM-ThinkPad-T60
User : root
Dir : /home/pietro/Dev/R0/YP-R0_LightROM
BuildTime : 13/01/10 22:29:12
MBoot : size(337824),checksum(a68d6e6c5d638926e9ac34e982e3 3da6)
Linux : size(1115820),checksum(4f61c61e43765ac2e773b0a19e3 cd3e0)
RootFS : size(10846208),checksum(1df89111dc9af907df0da8b2d6 c5d2b5)
Sysdata : size(415154),checksum(e8bbf4ad5778e76b71a7f09b734f 8f57)

Changelog since v4.5FX:
* Patched minivet driver (in kernel) (thanks to Lorenzo92)
* Added auto-switch for multifunctional JIG (Normal, UART, etc..) (thanks to Lorenzo92)
* Kernel support for UART JIG (150/619kΩ)
* Kernel support for Recovery JIG (301KΩ)
* Kernel support for Audio Type 1 JIG (1002KΩ)
* Fixed some script issues
* Added new safemode features (now you can exit from it)
* New SafeMode version (v2.52)

Install HOW-TO:
1) Download the ROM, and the latest rockbox build.
2) Extract all files
3) Connect your R0 to PC
4) Copy the R0.ROM file to the R0 root (media0)
5) Copy the .rockbox directory to the R0 root as well
6) Reboot and wait
7) Done

Links:
LightROM 4.6 FX [1st link]: https://www.box.com/s/zowio2e6de7r4xr6ggtj
LightROM 4.6 FX [2nd link]: https://rapidshare.com/files/3188137..._LR_v4.6FX.zip
LightROM 4.6 Service Manual: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21543264/YP-...v4.6FX.MAN.txt
Latest Rockbox build: http://build.rockbox.org/data/rockbox-samsungypr0.zip

IMPORTANT: For those who installed/tried an older version of LightROM (4.4 - 4.5 or 4.6 Alpha, Beta or Candidiate release), is highly recommended to delete the LRFBoot.txt file from your media1(NEO-GHOST) partition.
In the next reboot Auto-Setup will automatically copy all new files in the correct partitions. Like in the previous version, old file will be backupped as .old files. If you don't need these files you can delete them.
Rockbox settings are also restored to default, to prevent from noise/stuck while playing tracks. If you are sure that your config will not cause this issues you can recover all settings as described here:
Power on the R0, go to Settings -> Manage Settings -> Browse .cfg Files, now select "config.OLD" and reboot. The player will come back to your previous settings.
For more info read the service manual included into the ROM or linked above.

SafeMode252: Starting from this version you can power off your player and safely remove it without force the reset.
For a correct unmount you have to safely remove all partitions from pc, press power button for almost 2 seconds, and follow istructions on the R0's display. Do not disconnect R0 before unmounting or before press 'n holding the power button.

For more info about the ROM, and all his configurations/utility please read the LightROM_4.6_ServiceManual.txt at the R0 root, on your MicroSD or linked above (files on nand/mmc are presents only after installed the ROM).

Last edited by VanniX; 01-21-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:34 PM

Thanks a lot Vannix. 4.6 working nicely as expected. New safe mode is more convenient.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:14 PM

Great, downloading now

EDIT:

Is displaying bat% rom or rockbox related?

Last edited by Martus0; 01-15-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:35 PM

Hi again.
I'm having strange disconnection issues with 4.6.
Contrarily to previous disconnections, the three units don't disappear, but files are not accessible. I'm trying to tag some files, and it is just very difficult, files keep vanishing!

EDIT: I'm going to investigate more. Mp3tag (updated yesterday to the latest version, 2.54) also malfunctioned in my hard drive! It probably causes this crash.

Last edited by alito; 01-15-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:30 AM

@Martus0: Battery percentage is a rockbox feature. The Linux driver return only a voltage value, then RB calculate the percentage using standard minimum and maximum value.

@alito: Which OS are you using? Try to run a scandisk/chkdsk/fsck.vfat to verify that all file's indexes are correct. Be careful also for the unmount or safely remove

Old 01-16-2013, 10:25 AM

Default Impossible download firmware 2.51 modded

Hello! I can't download the 2.51 modded firmware for samsung yp-r0 from rapidshare because rapidshare shows me the following message: Download permission denied by uploader. How can I download the 2.51 modded firmware? Thanks!

Old 01-16-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanniX View Post
@Martus0: Battery percentage is a rockbox feature. The Linux driver return only a voltage value, then RB calculate the percentage using standard minimum and maximum value.
Well the voltage is directly gathered from ascoded, and then yes percentage is filtered by rockbox.
At this proposal I add something: to get the maximum charge you MUSN'T remove the cable as soon as you see 100% in rockbox, but you may need more time (I don't know precisely, but it's ranging from ~30 minutes to ~1 hour depending on your specific charger and battery conditions)
After waiting a little you get a real full charge i.e. 100%-99% remains quite long after removing the cable

Old 01-16-2013, 12:23 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy_treviso View Post
Hello! I can't download the 2.51 modded firmware for samsung yp-r0 from rapidshare because rapidshare shows me the following message: Download permission denied by uploader. How can I download the 2.51 modded firmware? Thanks!
It seems that rapidshare is getting worse and worse...

edit: direct download link removed. See updated links in the FAQ.

Last edited by lebellium; 01-21-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Tags
r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0