android
Old 01-01-2011, 09:31 AM
Samsung Moderator

Sorry for mispelling your name dear DavidE

Honestly I don't know if it is dangerous for the player.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-02-2011, 04:46 PM

Sorry Davide So if I get it right, we at least found some ways to shut down:
1. wait
2. reset button - why do you (lebellium) say it is not practical? Might it damage the player if I press it too often?

3.recovering firmware - Davide, how do you do that? is it in the menu?

4. my newest idea: player seems to shut down after being disconnected from a computer (after database update) but I can't interpret the results of my first test: player was at 100 % (at least I think so), after19 hours it was at 94 %... so as I lost last time (standby) in a day:98 % down to 80, it might have worked. (I think it loses more power when over 70%, as I reached 6% lost in one day when it was about 45% full)
But:a) If you have to count every time it is connected to a computer as charging it, this shortens battery life, as there is a maximum amount of times you can load a lipo-battery.????
b)Not always a computer around

Hope we find a good way to make it shut down!

lebellium: about that open source, is it written in something like java? In that case I might understand it. You wrote KR so it is the korea version?
Would be good to know if we could make / use a changed version without stand-by on eu versions. Is Slade someone on this forum?

Is there a cowon player that is comparable? size,price, playing avi, mp4... recording voice /fm? - only if you know one right away.

Last thing: I am currently using fw 3.04 and I've discovered some video problems. Maybe you can tell me if they are solved in a newer version:

Description: (Info: my setting is 15 sec for hold, lowest brightness setting)
starting a video (for example "sheep in the island")
touch, push pause...wait ...after about 8 sec, display gets darker
now two different variants:
a) wait... after 8 more seconds -> display black (hold)
press hold button to unlock -> display on again, but still darker.
the display now sometimes gets a bit darker or turns black for a second, especially if you touch it (not always the case) display only gets normal again, if you manage to get out of the video (sometimes not that easy if black)
b)touch display before it turns black: still darker, changes continuously (but never gets bright again), gets black frequently, especially if you touch to open the menu -> black as long as the menu is open, but still responds to you if you touch in the lower right corner to get out. -> again normal display.

conclusion: pause-button failure?(to prevent the failure, the alternative for pause would be the arrow in the lower right corner, but you always have to open the video again.)

Old 01-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDude View Post
2. reset button - why do you (lebellium) say it is not practical?
Because most people don't always have a pointed object in their pocket?

Quote:
3.recovering firmware - Davide, how do you do that? is it in the menu?
Recovering firmware occurs after a crash of the player. The R1 checks if everything is alright

Quote:
But:a) If you have to count every time it is connected to a computer as charging it, this shortens battery life, as there is a maximum amount of times you can load a lipo-battery.????
Yes, a battery supports in average 1000 charge cycles. As it's impossible to connect it to the computer without charging it, connect it too often to the computer will shorten the battery life.

Quote:
lebellium: about that open source, is it written in something like java? In that case I might understand it. You wrote KR so it is the korea version?
Would be good to know if we could make / use a changed version without stand-by on eu versions. Is Slade someone on this forum?
I don't think it is written in java (never heard of this language for a mp3 player firmware but maybe I'm wrong) but I'm a student in business, I don't have any programming skills except in basic language on my Texas Instrument calculator KR is the region code for Korea. Actually there is a unique firmware worldwide but different region codes. Slade is on this forum. See the Rockbox thread in the R0 subforum.

Quote:
Is there a cowon player that is comparable? size,price, playing avi, mp4... recording voice /fm? - only if you know one right away.
Not exactly, the R1 is quite unique with its small dimensions and its 2,6" touchscreen. The most famous current Cowons are the S9 and the J3 but they are bigger and not in the same price range. There is also the D2+ but it's getting old and has a poor touchscreen compared to the R1.

Quote:
Last thing: I am currently using fw 3.04 and I've discovered some video problems. Maybe you can tell me if they are solved in a newer version:

Description: (Info: my setting is 15 sec for hold, lowest brightness setting)
starting a video (for example "sheep in the island")
touch, push pause...wait ...after about 8 sec, display gets darker
now two different variants:
a) wait... after 8 more seconds -> display black (hold)
press hold button to unlock -> display on again, but still darker.
the display now sometimes gets a bit darker or turns black for a second, especially if you touch it (not always the case) display only gets normal again, if you manage to get out of the video (sometimes not that easy if black)
b)touch display before it turns black: still darker, changes continuously (but never gets bright again), gets black frequently, especially if you touch to open the menu -> black as long as the menu is open, but still responds to you if you touch in the lower right corner to get out. -> again normal display.

conclusion: pause-button failure?(to prevent the failure, the alternative for pause would be the arrow in the lower right corner, but you always have to open the video again.)
It's a bit complex and I'm getting tired, I have to sleep
I can just tell you in fw 3.07 the screen becomes darker after some seconds in pause mode. That's probably to save battery life.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:28 PM

To force the "Recovering Firmware" I use this flash file (I named it that way for his effect...), it's enough to open it and wait some second, after that the R1 will crash.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:10 AM

Angry

How do I get to the root of my player?

Old 06-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Samsung Moderator

On the R1, select the MSC connection mode (settings>system>PC connection).
Connect the R1 to the computer.
Open "My Computer" then the R1. You'll see the main folders (music, pictures, system, videos etc). The root is here. Cannot be easier than that.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:27 PM

Unhappy

Does it have to be the Yepp R1? I want to change the look to 3.07 but this hasn't done anything.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Samsung Moderator

I'm sorry but your question doesn't make any sense to me

Old 06-16-2011, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLittleGuy View Post
Does it have to be the Yepp R1? I want to change the look to 3.07 but this hasn't done anything.
Can you explain better what you want to do? Do you want to change icons and that stuff? If yes you have to change UCI, not firmware version. Firmware will just update the software in order to have less bug, has nothing to do with "the look".
Anyway it's normal that firmware upgrade will reset all of your setting, it's sign that now you're R1 is updated.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:58 AM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ||dav1de|| View Post
Can you explain better what you want to do? Do you want to change icons and that stuff? If yes you have to change UCI, not firmware version. Firmware will just update the software in order to have less bug, has nothing to do with "the look".
Anyway it's normal that firmware upgrade will reset all of your setting, it's sign that now you're R1 is updated.
Thank you for telling me that firmware doesn't change the look...How do I change UCI...sorry for being a nuisance.

EDIT: I worked it out for myself-thanks guys.

Last edited by TheLittleGuy; 06-16-2011 at 10:57 AM.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:19 AM

please help
I've just upgraded firmware YP-R1 3.07, but I found the problems..
after the firmware update and the update db, the menu does not appear..
which appear only display SAMSUNG logo and R1 www.samsungmobile.com and than blank screen again..
This event repeats every time press the on / off..and the menu still don't show up
is there anyone that can help me?

Old 03-04-2012, 07:06 AM
Samsung Moderator

Man! Why did you upgrade to fw 3.07 while the fw 4.00 thread is just above?!

If your device is not recognized by the computer anymore then it's bricked!

The only solution now is: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=66949

Old 03-05-2012, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Man! Why did you upgrade to fw 3.07 while the fw 4.00 thread is just above?!

If your device is not recognized by the computer anymore then it's bricked!

The only solution now is: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=66949
I've followed the instructions but the problem remains the same
after the batteries run out ... and try to connected to pc
pc still can't detect and hasn't made ​​it through the R1 screen
What else should I do?

Old 03-05-2012, 02:28 AM
Samsung Moderator

If that doesn't work, you can't do anything, you have to send it to the Samsung service center.

Tags
3.07, firmware, r1, yepp, yp-r1