android
Old 11-16-2010, 07:37 PM

Hi, I'm getting the library update 'death screen', I'm the one from hwupgrade.it
I managed to unbrick the R1 just draining all battery, keep pushing power button during the night. Then the player can connect to pc and transfer files again. I've just tried to copy my 14 GB library in MSC mode and in several parts and updating library succesfull every time. When I just copied the last files (1,5 GB) the update stopped at 12% and player never turned on anymore! I can't realize which files or why the player is shutting down again. I'll try to downgrade to 3.03 and test again. I got my player back yesterday, and now is useless again, back to me with V3.07 and a new battery during repair. See you tomorrow for more news ... I hope

Last edited by giannibat; 11-16-2010 at 07:42 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-21-2010, 08:59 AM

Perhaps the library simply "overflows" if too many files are on the player? Or there's a kind of buffer overflow when ID3 tags are too long or contain certain characters... It would be interesting to see if the library bug still happens when all ID3 tags are deleted from the files.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:15 AM

Is this player still has library update problem?

Old 12-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Samsung Moderator

There is at least still one root cause (files with a too long name) that will hopefully be fixed in the next firmware. Then there will be no update library problem anymore until someone finds a new root cause

Old 12-30-2010, 02:31 AM

Exclamation

Hi,
i've got exactly the same problem,
after a transfer of several music files (nearly 6gb) with emodio on my 32gb samsung R1 which is in firmware 3.07 EU and in french and that i had for christmas, R1 shew me : "UPDATE THE DATA BASE" ("mise jour bd" in french) and at 99 % it stopped. So, after a few minutes i try to reset. R1 shew me "RECOVERING FIRMWARE" and after 2 minutes i saw "R1 www.samsungmobile.com" as in every start but at the difference that it never stops ... and my computer doesn't recognise it anymore... !!! Here is the problem ! i try to let it unload but no success, at the connecting with my PC i saw "CHARGING..." and everything restart...
sorry for my english, i hope you understand my french-english...
thank you for read my message and maybe help me...

Old 01-15-2011, 10:11 AM

Angry Firmware - loading issue - datasync crash

Hello

after one week in use my R1 gets the "recovering firmware" issue: After a failed datasync it couldn't be started or connected to my PC. I've sended it back to samsung and one week later (yesterday) it was back with FW3.04. Today I transffered a lot of mp3s to it. The Player was in MPC mode. Than again the datasync crashed and instead a flashing "recovering firmware" the screen says "loading" and "R1" and turned black again - PC connection didn't work too. Now it's going back to repair the second time. Is there any hope or way that I may use it without beeing afraid of the datasync crash?

Quote:
To reduce the risk of bricking your R1:

2) Don't transfer several GB of data in one go.
Fair enough - how many GB I'm allowed to transfer at once - is there any advice by samsung? Schouldn't a player with 16GB storage be able to handle such an ammount?

Last edited by venares; 01-15-2011 at 10:58 AM.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:20 PM

it seems you have a R1 with an old bootloader.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:35 PM

It say's "loading" instead of "recovering firmware" now - doesn't that mean it is a new bootloader? If this is true, than both, an old and a new bootloader can cause a sync crash.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:51 AM

I had R1 with an old and new bootloader. Data sync just crashed sometimes when I didnt use the save remove option.If you have the new bootloader with the same problem then I think that there is any hardware problems.
You normally should tranfer more then 2GB music without any problems.

One thing I didnt understand.Why you get your R1 back with an older FW?

Old 01-16-2011, 10:08 AM

I don't know why they haven't installed the newest FW.

I always made a save remove - but that doesn't prevent it from crashing.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:21 AM

Can you upgrade to the newest FW?
If it doesnt help u should send back your player.Btw from which country do you come (guarranty laws)?

Old 01-16-2011, 01:21 PM

I am from Germany and I have just sent the player back for repair - but I am afraight that this problem will occure again and again... Are Bootloder problems a software issues too, which can be solved by FW upgrades?

Old 01-17-2011, 05:55 AM

Great.you should get from your seller a porto layer.
Then send it back to "TVS" (search for it in google).My player was there too and the service is great.They will change the gadget.
I dunno.My R1 have now the newer bootloader and I have the feeling that it works better(less chrashes).

Old 01-26-2011, 11:20 AM

So it's back again. They have updated to FW 3.07 let's see how long it works until the next crash....

Old 01-27-2011, 08:35 AM

THis is the scond time I hace recived my "repaired" player from Samsung: And it happens again: I played an mp3 file, screen went black. Now I can't start again: It only shows the "samsung" logo, a flashing "loading", the "R1" logo and wents black again. I need help!

Old 01-27-2011, 08:44 AM
Samsung Moderator

If the issue is due to one of your files it will happen everytime you play or transfer this file, you can get it repaired twice, 10x, 100x, 1000x, that doesn't change anything. Samsung needs to know what is the problematic file to be able to fix the bug in a new firmware.

If the issue is hardware and if you still have the same R1 (they repair it instead of replacing it by a brand new one), it will always happen too.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:14 AM

I have just transfered mp3 files in MTC mode and just a few not more than 2GB - how can a mp3 file be bad for an mp3 player - ist there any chance to identify those files? I don't have a brand new one, so maybe the issue is hardware. But they have told me they had changed the mainbord. So maybe it is a software issue?

Last edited by venares; 01-27-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:18 PM

look at PM

Old 02-27-2011, 12:35 AM

Default my R1 back to normal

yesterday i have the same problem, after connect to PC my player hung up on 99% updating library, then i press reset button and the result is my PMP stopped on R1 logo and my PC cant detect it.

today I got my PMP normal again after doing this step :
1. turn on PMP until the battery drain
2. connect to PC about 1 minutes
3. unplug and press ON button, wait until it turn off and when you press On again the display show "not enough battery"
4. press reset button and power button for about 10 sec
5. plug it to PC (my PMP can detect on my PC again)
6. check root directory if any some irregular files include hidden files, on my case its "autorun.inf" folder that locked so it cant delete by windows, must delete by linux or command prompt. some suspicious file on my case is autorun. inf, recycler folder. Some of those files were hidden so please make sure you set to show the hidden folder
7. after delete irregular files then update the firmware (mine is 3.06)
8. safely remove PMP
9. turn ON R1 and the display show updating firmware, wait until finish
10. voila, my PMP normal again and I can transfer files 5Gb without problem

note: autorun.inf folder and recycler folder is generate by smadav antivirus (local indonesian antivirus), its file to protect our flashdisk from being modified by virus, windows detect it as system files so it cant delete by windows, this method is good to prevent any virus that modified autorun files, unfortunately R1 cant accept it

i'm indonesian, sorry of my bad english

Old 03-01-2011, 10:44 AM

Default still resisting

Quote:
1. turn on PMP until the battery drain
how long did it take you until the battery went down? Fortunately after I have the 3ed retour to samsung mine is workin fine - they have changed the mainbord and I tried a lot to brick it again but it is still resisting.