android
Old 11-09-2010, 11:01 PM

Default Please Advise! e200v2 vs fuzev2 specs!

I want a e250v2 but im unsure because the fuze is supposed to be the next model up from it, and its only 7$ more on amazon...

I guess my real concern is SQ and Battery life, and from what i can tell from the rockbox website is this.. (from http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS)

"ARM922T datasheet as used in Fuze v1, e200 v2, Clip v1, C200 v2, M200 v4.
ARM926EJS datasheet as used in Fuze v2, Clip v2 and Clip +. "

So if i buy a new sansa it will be a v2, whether i buy a e200 or a fuze, so if i get the e200v2 it will use a ARM922T chip, and if i get a fuze v2 it will use a ARM926EJS chip.. MY question is, is the ARM926EJS any better in SQ over the ARM922T?? i know that somethins optimized on ARM926EJS for the codec's to play more efficiently or somethin so thats why the battery life is longer on them compared to those which have LESS battery life using RB.

"Clipv1/c200v2/m200v4/e200v2/Fuzev1: Battery life is quite shorter than when using the OF." --- which just so happens to be the same models that use ARM922T

And i wonder if theres any chance of them fixing the battery issues in RB sooner or later for the ARM922T models or if thats just a hadycap of the chip itself.

If its not any diff in SQ then i guess i can live with the gimped Battery life, because eventually both batteries will fail, and only the e200 series has cost effective battery replacments for it.

Also, are there any applications or features in RB that are gimped on the e200 due to the screen size, or is it just the games?
and just overall what do you guys think? like i hear the e200's are tuff little guys whereas the fuze's break alot more.. idk lol i used to thnk i was indicisive, now im not so sure...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The E200 is ancient. Forget about it. The Fuze seems to be discontinued but still available. Which is more important to you, battery life or a card slot? For long battery life, the Sony E355 looks nice. The battery life is listed as 50 hours. It has 16 GB and no card slot though. If price is not a big factor and you want long battery life and a card slot, then get a Cowon J3.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Any particular reason you're cutting and pasting the same question into different subforums? Not only are there forum rules against double posting, all you do is make it harder to get an accurate answer to your questions.

Last edited by skip252; 11-10-2010 at 02:42 PM.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Any particular reason you're cutting and pasting the same question into different subforums? Not only are there forum rules against double posting, all you do is make it harder to get an accurate answer to your questions.
I went ahead and deleted the other thread since there were no responses there. newsansabuyer please don't double post threads like skip252 noted.

Edit: Back on topic, aside from nostalgia if you’re a sansa fan the e200 is old as JK98 stated, do I still run mine and have fun with it, yea occasionally, but if I was looking for a new player I wouldn’t buy one, go fuze …

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 11-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Administrator

If your main concern is battery life and SQ in Rockbox I would order a new Fuze . It's been a while since anyone has reported seeing a new V1 Sansa Fuze so it seems almost certain if you order order a new Sansa Fuze from Amazon you'll get a V2.

saratoga's evaluation from yesterday http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...19&postcount=2 concerning the differences in SQ between the e200v2 vs Fuzev2 holds true across the board for all AMS Sansas. There isn't one. As far as battery life in Rockbox it's lower in the e200 V2 series so that seems to disqualify that. The V2 Fuze has a significantly longer battery life in Rockbox.

I put a new battery in my 3 year old e250 a few months ago and it works well. The only problem is that the click wheel is starting to show signs of failure. Nothing serious yet but I'm starting to believe that the useful life of the battery will be longer than the player. The concept of a user replaceable battery isn't very sound if the battery outlasts the player.

I'd stop worrying about the listed capabilities of the various chips. It's the final performance that counts rather than any listed specs. With the exception of battery life they all perform pretty much the same regardless of the chip version. Any known issues are listed on the Sansa AMS status page. Unless you're an expert on chip performance that will be much more informative.