android
Old 11-09-2010, 11:17 PM

Default What do these RB 3.7 changes do to the Fuze v1?

What do these Rockbox 3.7 changes mean and do to the Fuze v1 and how can we take advantage of them (courtesy RB 3.7 Change Log) :

•Sansa Fuze v1 and E200 v2 now have usb support enabled
•The "Charge during USB connection" option now has a "force" setting
•New "Update on stop" setting for bookmarks
•Line out support for Fuzev1 and e200v2

The following bug still exists, though :

•FS#7515 - Radio disappears from menu on Sansas!

Any way to get to play the radio in RB, then?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-10-2010, 01:44 AM
Administrator

If you were using a current build and the newest bootloader bullet points 1,3 and 4 of your first list have been in place for months. They are just now included in the 3.7 release build. Bullet point 2 doesn't apply as the V1 Fuze has full USB support in Rockbox.

As for the radio, take a closer look at FS#7515. It applies to the Sansa e200 series. Nothing to do with the V1 Fuze. The radio works normally on those.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:56 AM

@skip252,

Could you clarify on what "usb support" and "line out support" mean?

As for FS#7515, well, I did not see a FM radio icon in my Rockbox menu. What gives?

Old 11-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggyhed View Post

Could you clarify on what "usb support" and "line out support" mean?
USB means you can plug your player into a USB port and add files. Line out means you can plug your player's line out into something and head audio.

Quote:
As for FS#7515, well, I did not see a FM radio icon in my Rockbox menu. What gives?
Thats about the e200, and I think you have a Fuze, so it probably doesn't apply to you.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:00 AM

@saratoga

I also have the stock Sansa FW (my Fuze is dual-boot), so USB support in RB is just news to me.

AFAIK, the Fuze doesn't have a line-out port, are you referring to the headphone jack? If yes, then IMHO that's not the same as a line-out port.

And I still fail to see an FM Radio icon in latest RB release.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
@saratoga

AFAIK, the Fuze doesn't have a line-out port, are you referring to the headphone jack? If yes, then IMHO that's not the same as a line-out port.
The Fuze has line-out capability via its dock port, which can be activated with the use of a dock (ranging from speaker docks like the Altec Lansing iM413 to desktop docks like the Griffin PowerDock to line out connectors like the FiiO L6 -- or this). Rockbox 3.7 allows audio to be transmitted via the dock port (aka line out audio, not headphone out audio) for the Fuze v1 and e200v2.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
The Fuze has line-out capability via its dock port, which can be activated with the use of a dock (ranging from speaker docks like the Altec Lansing iM413 to desktop docks like the Griffin PowerDock to line out connectors like the FiiO L6 -- or this). Rockbox 3.7 allows audio to be transmitted via the dock port (aka line out audio, not headphone out audio) for the Fuze v1 and e200v2.
Will it make any difference to sound quality if I use the Line-out Dock just as the one on the eBay link you provided as opposed to using the headphone jack?

Old 11-11-2010, 04:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Will it make any difference to sound quality if I use the Line-out Dock just as the one on the eBay link you provided as opposed to using the headphone jack?
Ahh, the great debate. There's a deeply contentious thread on head-fi covering that very subject. I personally couldn't detect an audible difference when I auditioned a set of line-out docks against the headphone-out, but I don't have the engineering background to give you a definitive scientific answer (saratoga might...).

I'm just happy I don't have to switch to the OF to use my speaker and desktop docks now (and I do actually use a line-out dock -- like that ebay one -- in my car so I don't have to bother messing with the volume on my Fuze every time I hook it up to my head unit).

Old 11-25-2010, 11:46 PM

I notice that for the alarm to function would mean keeping the player on. I mean, the alarm doesn't quite turn on the Fuze at the specified time, unlike other DAPs like Cowon D2 and Samsung P3. Is this an issue or am I doing something wrong?

Old 11-26-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
I notice that for the alarm to function would mean keeping the player on. I mean, the alarm doesn't quite turn on the Fuze at the specified time, unlike other DAPs like Cowon D2 and Samsung P3. Is this an issue or am I doing something wrong?
You are not doing anything wrong. I charge mine at night, so this is not an issue for me. If an update fixed this (kind of) issue, I would be just as happy, because sometimes I forget to plug it in and therefore not wake up the next morning.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:27 AM

Thank you, but charging all night-is it advisable? Another thing-videos dont show up in file browser. They play fine in the OF. Does RB support videos at all? All my vids were encoded with video4fuze to .avi

Old 11-26-2010, 08:30 AM

You won't hurt the battery by letting it charge over night. It shuts off on its own when it's full.

Rockbox video: http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/PluginMpegplayer

Old 11-27-2010, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
You won't hurt the battery by letting it charge over night. It shuts off on its own when it's full.

Rockbox video: http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/PluginMpegplayer
I see, the battery is that resilient, huh?
Tried opening my vids with mpegplayer, it gives an error.
Looks like I need to convert to mpeg format.

Old 11-27-2010, 07:08 AM

Resilient isn't quite the right word - it has charging logic and overcharge protection, same as any other MP3 player/cellphone/laptop/etc battery out there.

Old 12-04-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
About that... is there a way to make the Fuze turn off once the battery is fully loaded? I know the battery stops loading, but the Fuze stays on, and when I take it out of the charger, I usually forget to turn it off. D:

(Yeah yeah, old topic, I don't care.)

Old 12-04-2010, 03:57 PM

You're living in a fast paced world... I don't consider a topic from a week ago "old".

Stock firmware probably doesn't turn off on its own when you have it playing while it's charging over USB AC. Other than that, when it's paused it should definitely honor it's usual shutoff/sleep settings.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:05 PM

Alright, I'll put it on pause and see if it turns off or not.

(The internet is fast, so I adapt. :P)