android
  #1  
Old 11-11-2010, 05:31 PM
jbob182's Avatar
jbob182 jbob182 is offline
X-Fi2 Development Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The U.S.A.
Posts: 554
Default Classic Game Package abandoned

This project had been abandon but might be picked up later
Attached Images
File Type: jpg menu.jpg (24.9 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg gameplay.jpg (22.5 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg pause.jpg (23.5 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg define.jpg (26.7 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by jbob182; 12-10-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 11-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Habhome's Avatar
Habhome Habhome is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,081
Default

Feel free to use my BlackJack (Isn't that the BlakJak?) as long as some credit is given, unless it isn't quite the way you'd want it ofc. It's not very hard to modify my code though to give it another look and feel, there's even the skinning feature incorporated in it.
__________________
"If you are good enough at English to apologize, then there is no need to." - A good friend of mine
Discovered something about the X-Fi2 you think others may not know? Post it here so others can learn about it!
Have a question about X-Fi2 apps? Consult the FAQ before creating a thread about it.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 11-11-2010, 05:50 PM
jbob182's Avatar
jbob182 jbob182 is offline
X-Fi2 Development Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The U.S.A.
Posts: 554
Default

ah yes my mistake it is blackjack( i just took the names of the exe) dont worrry credit will be given to anyone who helps
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 11-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Habhome's Avatar
Habhome Habhome is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob182 View Post
ah yes my mistake it is blackjack( i just took the names of the exe) dont worrry credit will be given to anyone who helps
Goodie
Well if you want to use it, then tell me if I need to modify it somehow to fit in. Like removing the skinning feature and instead change the layout and buttons to match the rest for example. You can either post here or send me a PM with change details and I'll look into it when I get some spare time. Maybe as early as tomorrow afternoon.
__________________
"If you are good enough at English to apologize, then there is no need to." - A good friend of mine
Discovered something about the X-Fi2 you think others may not know? Post it here so others can learn about it!
Have a question about X-Fi2 apps? Consult the FAQ before creating a thread about it.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 11-11-2010, 07:39 PM
jbob182's Avatar
jbob182 jbob182 is offline
X-Fi2 Development Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The U.S.A.
Posts: 554
Default

I am unsure of graphic changes since i have a friend of mine doing the graphics for the main menu(he is much better then i am). The only change i know of right now is really simple code changes that i can do ie: replace break with menu = "menu" and putting the while loop's interior inside of this:
if menu == "BlackJack " then
end
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 11-11-2010, 08:37 PM
datallboy's Avatar
datallboy datallboy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 143
Default

omg skee free would be awsome i luv that game!
__________________
I wUz he3R
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 11-11-2010, 08:46 PM
jbob182's Avatar
jbob182 jbob182 is offline
X-Fi2 Development Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The U.S.A.
Posts: 554
Default

I imagine ski free would be one of the easist game mean really it is just randomly sending objectects at you and eventualing a skier eating yeti
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 11-12-2010, 02:01 AM
Habhome's Avatar
Habhome Habhome is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob182 View Post
I am unsure of graphic changes since i have a friend of mine doing the graphics for the main menu(he is much better then i am). The only change i know of right now is really simple code changes that i can do ie: replace break with menu = "menu" and putting the while loop's interior inside of this:
if menu == "BlackJack " then
end
You can't replace break with menu="menu", then it'd stay in the loop anyway and not exit the game. Just place it before the break in that case. Also, it's not even necessary to have it, you can put the choices in a function you use to check the touch.click, which you only reach when you press the screen anyway so. The only changes you might need is to remove orientation changes. That is of course if you want the game to look and work exactly the same with all its features. Though I'd imagine that skinning the blackjack would be a bit much for example, so that could be taken out.

Well, just inform me how you want it and I'll see what I can do.
__________________
"If you are good enough at English to apologize, then there is no need to." - A good friend of mine
Discovered something about the X-Fi2 you think others may not know? Post it here so others can learn about it!
Have a question about X-Fi2 apps? Consult the FAQ before creating a thread about it.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 11-12-2010, 04:23 PM
jbob182's Avatar
jbob182 jbob182 is offline
X-Fi2 Development Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The U.S.A.
Posts: 554
Default

ah i see i i didnt wright specific enough. What i meant was to take the interior of the while loop and put in in : if menu =="blackjack" and give it its own function of blackjack() and put blackjack() in the while true do loop


and for the skinning feature i think it should be taken out and just have your normal skin if you dont mind, Also the card games like golf and tuttomb i may or maynot do since they are just variations of differnt card games.
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 11-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Habhome's Avatar
Habhome Habhome is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob182 View Post
ah i see i i didnt wright specific enough. What i meant was to take the interior of the while loop and put in in : if menu =="blackjack" and give it its own function of blackjack() and put blackjack() in the while true do loop


and for the skinning feature i think it should be taken out and just have your normal skin if you dont mind, Also the card games like golf and tuttomb i may or maynot do since they are just variations of differnt card games.
Ah, well. It doesn't matter how you do it as long as it works, right?

And I could make a special Black Jack edition for this removing the skinning feature. Any other changes necessary? Should I remove the orientation changes? as it is now it first sets it to portrait, and at the end to landscape. Should I omit the landscape change? Or how do you intend to have the player in the menu?
__________________
"If you are good enough at English to apologize, then there is no need to." - A good friend of mine
Discovered something about the X-Fi2 you think others may not know? Post it here so others can learn about it!
Have a question about X-Fi2 apps? Consult the FAQ before creating a thread about it.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 11-12-2010, 04:54 PM
jbob182's Avatar
jbob182 jbob182 is offline
X-Fi2 Development Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The U.S.A.
Posts: 554
Default

Lanscape is my menu but i think the orination is fine if i was actually trying to get a 1 to 1 copy of blackjack then you would need to name it Dr.BlackJack along with adding a window that pops up saying hey are you sure you want to hit with only..............but i think your blackjack is fine, if you feel like you want to change some items feel free to, as of right not i am still coordination how this thing will be setup(got an idea and image of what it will look like and how it will function). And the art for the menu should be done this weekend so i should be able to post a working demo with jezzball


QUESTION: should i use touch.move and have the side bar actually move with your finger, if so is there a way to speed it up , after using the move function in ballbounce and getting the results i did on my player i am kinda looking away from touch.move unless you know of a way to use it



though unfortonatly my friend just had his computer setup redone so he didnt have photoshop up and running so he is using mspaint(sigh) but he says they are still good so i guess we will see how they turn out




-------------------------------
does anyone know where i can contact the maker of solitar for the xfi ( i think it was dan the lego man)

Last edited by jbob182; 11-12-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 11-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Habhome's Avatar
Habhome Habhome is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob182 View Post
Lanscape is my menu but i think the orination is fine if i was actually trying to get a 1 to 1 copy of blackjack then you would need to name it Dr.BlackJack along with adding a window that pops up saying hey are you sure you want to hit with only..............but i think your blackjack is fine, if you feel like you want to change some items feel free to, as of right not i am still coordination how this thing will be setup(got an idea and image of what it will look like and how it will function). And the art for the menu should be done this weekend so i should be able to post a working demo with jezzball


QUESTION: should i use touch.move and have the side bar actually move with your finger, if so is there a way to speed it up , after using the move function in ballbounce and getting the results i did on my player i am kinda looking away from touch.move unless you know of a way to use it



though unfortonatly my friend just had his computer setup redone so he didnt have photoshop up and running so he is using mspaint(sigh) but he says they are still good so i guess we will see how they turn out




-------------------------------
does anyone know where i can contact the maker of solitar for the xfi ( i think it was dan the lego man)
Adding that popup wouldn't be THAT hard, I have the code for confirmation popups in the game already. But anyway, my code is pretty much done now being stripped of unnecessary functions. So if you don't want any other changed I might upload it.

If you need some quick photoediting help with photoshop, then I've got it and could maybe find some spare time to throw something together. But let's see what your friend manages.

As for DanTheLegoMan, he is no longer around I'm afraid. But considering this comment from him to me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheLegoMan View Post
Ordinarily I would say 'sure', but as you mentioned in a different thread that you are working on Black Jack for a school project I'll have to say 'no'! Just kidding ... feel free to use what ever code you like! I'm sure there will be plenty of issues to solve to make the fully functional game.
I am pretty sure he would be completely fine with you using the code.

EDIT: Also, I think you could solve the differnet game starts via a "dofile("blackjack/MAIN.LUA")" command, then it'd be in the main there until the game is quit, then it goes back into your menu loop automatically and keeps checking for choices in that. I think that'd be the easiest, and wouldn't require modifications of the different gamecodes from their stand-alone version.
__________________
"If you are good enough at English to apologize, then there is no need to." - A good friend of mine
Discovered something about the X-Fi2 you think others may not know? Post it here so others can learn about it!
Have a question about X-Fi2 apps? Consult the FAQ before creating a thread about it.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Last edited by Habhome; 11-12-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 11-12-2010, 06:34 PM
jbob182's Avatar
jbob182 jbob182 is offline
X-Fi2 Development Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The U.S.A.
Posts: 554
Default

Ah yes thank you for that comment from danthelegoman, also i have a setup(pretty much the same to what you said) from a very very very old project of mine ZenLinux (based of mint) lol so i have already exiperment with booting another game inside of a game
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 11-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Habhome's Avatar
Habhome Habhome is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob182 View Post
Ah yes thank you for that comment from danthelegoman, also i have a setup(pretty much the same to what you said) from a very very very old project of mine ZenLinux (based of mint) lol so i have already exiperment with booting another game inside of a game
Okay, well. Have my black jack version for this. No mods except for removing features. Consider it V1, I'd be happy to make changes if you notice anything.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BlackJack (Win95 V1).zip (341.2 KB, 11 views)
__________________
"If you are good enough at English to apologize, then there is no need to." - A good friend of mine
Discovered something about the X-Fi2 you think others may not know? Post it here so others can learn about it!
Have a question about X-Fi2 apps? Consult the FAQ before creating a thread about it.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 11-12-2010, 07:43 PM
jbob182's Avatar
jbob182 jbob182 is offline
X-Fi2 Development Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The U.S.A.
Posts: 554
Default

Thank you: one question: is is possible to stop a dofile? i have tried io.close() but no sucess ( so far i got the games up and running when you click on there icon and they will return to the menu when you press the home button)
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 11-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Habhome's Avatar
Habhome Habhome is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob182 View Post
Thank you: one question: is is possible to stop a dofile? i have tried io.close() but no sucess ( so far i got the games up and running when you click on there icon and they will return to the menu when you press the home button)
Not that I know of. The "dofile()" command tells the interpreter to execute the code within the file, and since it sticks in a loop (the main game loop) you have to break that loop to exit the game, just like you usually would. So any application should be stopped simply by pressing home. Why would you need to force stop it? And since it is single threaded you'd have to do it in the lua the dofile executes anyway.

Sorry if rambling, it's 2:30am.
__________________
"If you are good enough at English to apologize, then there is no need to." - A good friend of mine
Discovered something about the X-Fi2 you think others may not know? Post it here so others can learn about it!
Have a question about X-Fi2 apps? Consult the FAQ before creating a thread about it.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 11-12-2010, 09:34 PM
jbob182's Avatar
jbob182 jbob182 is offline
X-Fi2 Development Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The U.S.A.
Posts: 554
Default

Ok thanks i found where my error was in exiting the mini apps, i should have a demo out when i get the graphics
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmm, any ideas it seems it does not like tranistining the text.size


here is what is says

Code:
 attempt to call field 'size' (a number value)
Lua Run Error : attempt to call field 'size' (a number value)
any ideas?

Last edited by jbob182; 11-12-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 11-13-2010, 05:12 AM
Habhome's Avatar
Habhome Habhome is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob182 View Post
Ok thanks i found where my error was in exiting the mini apps, i should have a demo out when i get the graphics
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmm, any ideas it seems it does not like tranistining the text.size


here is what is says

Code:
 attempt to call field 'size' (a number value)
Lua Run Error : attempt to call field 'size' (a number value)
any ideas?
No idea without looking at the code, the error in itself isn't informative enough to make me know what you tried to do.
__________________
"If you are good enough at English to apologize, then there is no need to." - A good friend of mine
Discovered something about the X-Fi2 you think others may not know? Post it here so others can learn about it!
Have a question about X-Fi2 apps? Consult the FAQ before creating a thread about it.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old 11-13-2010, 09:01 AM
jbob182's Avatar
jbob182 jbob182 is offline
X-Fi2 Development Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The U.S.A.
Posts: 554
Default

Ah i found it, the player and adk were just very very picky on how i cleared text.size
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old 11-14-2010, 03:01 PM
datallboy's Avatar
datallboy datallboy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 143
Default

ok since the blackjack and jezzbal are done, can you guys start working on skeefree since you said it would be easy? that would be awsome! and the app could be called something else besides skee free since i think its kinda copying but just to be safe you can use like Skee Dream or something
__________________
I wUz he3R
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.