android
Old 11-14-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by datallboy View Post
ok since the blackjack and jezzbal are done, can you guys start working on skeefree since you said it would be easy? that would be awsome! and the app could be called something else besides skee free since i think its kinda copying but just to be safe you can use like Skee Dream or something
Nope, I'm way too busy. I provided my black jack with modifications which took 15 minutes to make, I don't have more time to spare right now.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-15-2010, 08:07 PM
X-Fi2 Development Moderator

Ok so i got a ski free in the works now (using a modified ballbounce engine) and here is a quick screenshot (note that the skier will not actually move but will appear to because of the objects moving

I was planning on using the accelerometer for control but leaving up some feature (like being able to move upwards), and when you touch the screen he will jump

any suggestions for control?

---------------------------------
lol i just finished pretty much most of the aspects of the game since my ballbounce engine was almost perfectly suited for ski free with only a couple changes here and there. Especially since my ballbounce engine (to me) is my best project yet (advancement in programm) i learned alot from that one project (compare that with any of my other games or app)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ski.jpg (20.7 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by jbob182; 11-15-2010 at 08:21 PM.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:10 AM

do you have a pause button and a save button?

Old 11-16-2010, 03:30 PM

i will probably map the power button to pause the game and bring up a menu of option ie:save and quit, quit without saving, resume

as for right now no, i am still finishing up the engine

Old 11-17-2010, 05:45 PM

omg i wanna play this so bad! when r u going to be done with it? hopefully soon

Old 11-17-2010, 06:02 PM

Lol ok here what is done

Object filiter (no overlaping filter)
Objects (ie: trees)
random object creation
jumppads
moving down
collision
images
controls
moving on an angle
Accelerometer mapping for controls

the abominable snowman
todo:

currently doing:
Polishing Code

also if you want to download an updated version to work on 32-64 bits then go here
http://ski.ihoc.net/
the original maker of the game updated it so it is completly free and legal

Last edited by jbob182; 11-18-2010 at 04:34 PM.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:07 PM

whats polish code? sorry i just dont know what all the scripter stuff is

Old 11-18-2010, 04:42 PM

Polishing code is a term often reffeared to when the developer goes back to the code after finishing it and will remove anything that is redundent or will slow down the game, as well with removing any small little bugs sometimes. For example in my code i wrote :

Code:
function Distance()
    if menu == "level"  then
        dis=math.floor(marker[1].y)
    end
end
Code:
while true do
    if menu == "level" then
        Distance()
    end
i first asked the player to check if the menu was equal to level in the function then asked it in the while loop, this is redundent and uneeded, keep in mind this is a simple example it could apply to logic statements or drawing objects. When polishing you tend to do 2 things, 1. make your code look nice and more understandable, 2. improve performance(sometimes only a little)

read here for a better description
http://www.basilv.com/psd/blog/2007/...lish-your-code

Keep in mind Poloshing code's definition will vary from developer

I might be refering to poloshing code wrong but it is just how i call what i am doing now

-------------------------

Did anyone know you code fade a color from only one alpha value without changing anything
I ran across this by accident when i was trying to get transperant black ( i took the color code from Doodle jump but it faded instead of being transperent)

Last edited by jbob182; 11-18-2010 at 06:32 PM.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:39 PM

wow lol seems confusing

Old 11-19-2010, 08:53 PM

Just think of it as profreading your paper after you finished writing it.I have a good chunk of the engine done so i will relase a beta soon now that i have resolved a bug, i am currently experminting with the fading of colors that i have found out by accident

P.S, what isnt done is highscore and the little finish objects and start objects

Last edited by jbob182; 11-19-2010 at 09:00 PM.

Old 11-20-2010, 01:40 PM

shouldnt be too hard i dont think

Old 11-20-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob182 View Post
Did anyone know you code fade a color from only one alpha value without changing anything
I ran across this by accident when i was trying to get transperant black ( i took the color code from Doodle jump but it faded instead of being transperent)
What did you do to get the colour to fade in/out? I thought we can only add an alpha channel to make it transparent? Like in doodlejump the pause screen has a black transparent colour to make the background a little darker. Or did you perhaps repeat the drawing so that it became darker over time?

Old 11-21-2010, 09:17 AM

Ah yes it is from drawing the transparent color multiple times to fade out (pretty cool effect) though it seems to slow down the responsivenes of the player.

I just have a few more details to program (like snowmounds should slow you down not make you crash)

Is anyone else experiencing random crashing in apps ( i have run the clean disk option) in ballbounce and skifree the app will randomly crash

Last edited by jbob182; 11-21-2010 at 12:40 PM.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:29 PM

no

Old 11-22-2010, 03:29 PM

I am currently experiencing crashing in multiple apps (yes i have run check disk) and this all started after i update my firmware along with some apps being called unknown

So because of this i can not figure out if my code is bad or my player, so i am releasing what i have done so far an am asking for anyone to try every feature right now and run a test on that feature multiple times, to see if it crashes

Right now when you hit a button on the player it enters a pause screen,currently time still collects even when you are paused

touch to jump and get up from a crash after you are sitting up

jumppads make you jump along with snowbumbs
snowmounds should slow you down
at 2000 m a yeti should come out

no highscores are implamented yet

acelerarmeter to move

enjoy

NOTE this app curretnly only works properly on the player

Last edited by jbob182; 12-10-2010 at 07:00 PM.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:07 PM

I didn't test it out on my player, also because you said it only works on the ADK, but I see only 1 os.sleep(), which is under the else of control.read(). But since the accelerometer is active, control.read() always has data (is 1), so perhaps it crashes because it never sleeps/waits?

Old 11-22-2010, 07:20 PM

Opps i forgot a word i meant it wont work properly on the adk because of my timing mechinism

Also it is not like it crashes right away for me , you can play for a while then it crashes , might just be my player, also it happining with other apps ( the whole player shuts down not just the app)

Old 11-22-2010, 08:36 PM

I see. Well it works fine for me, it's pretty fun aswell. Pause works, jumping by tapping, and after 2000 meter I get eaten by some robot.
I guess the os.sleep() is fine where it is now... probably because of the samplerate of 100? Oh and I didn't update the firmware yet, I'm still running 1.21.05.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:51 PM

Yes at 2000 meters the yeti(abominable snowman) comes out and eats you
i never had any crashing before i updateed my firmware ( i almost never did expet when needed) and since then i have had problems with app being called unkown and crashing, unfortantly i dont have my installer to roll back my firmware, is there anyway i could get a hold of one?

Also i made sure you could not avoid the yeti no matter what, i took my ballbounce's code for following a line(function from habbhome) and gave it to a yeti
And it constanly updates the direction the yeti should be going

Old 11-23-2010, 03:46 AM

I'm running 1.22.03 but the game seems to be working for me. I checked the code quickly also to see if I could find any oddities. I only wonder, what's the .scs file and what does it do? with the profile things. And then the icon.pdn (I think it was?) is that your image editing file from some software incompatible with PS?

And about the code also, I see that you for the Yeti and Skier use a two-dimensional array each.

Code:
Skier = {{img = ..., state = ..., ...}}
So when you call it you need to use
Code:
Skier[1].img ...
Why not use a one-dimensional array instead? You seem to have taken the code from ballbounce without thinking about changing that little fact.
Code:
Skier = {img = ..., state = ..., ...}
Skier.img ...
Shouldn't that work just as well? Even be more efficient, (Or well, barely noticeable with this amount of code, but still)

And lastly, I find the controls a tad bit slow, you have to tilt the player a bit much for my taste to make even the slight turn.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^