android
Old 11-23-2010, 03:32 PM
X-Fi2 Development Moderator

Quote:
And lastly, I find the controls a tad bit slow, you have to tilt the player a bit much for my taste to make even the slight turn.
Ah ok i will add in a custom setting for definining the accelerometer controls
Quote:
what's the .scs file and what does it do? with the profile things. And then the icon.pdn
Also the code i posted was not scubbed of any current things i was implanting so remains of the my control project was left the .scs

what .scs stands for is skifreesave
the profiles are user defined controls ie: i was toying around with the idea that the user could lets say go into the controls submenu and click jump and it would say "waiting for input" and if you click the screen it would map jumping to clicking
Also you would have a drop down menu with avaible controller profiles ie: defult,custom

But that was just an idea

.pnd is paint.net's custom file that can include layers (paint.net is my photo edior of choice)

Quote:
Why not use a one-dimensional array instead? You seem to have taken the code from ballbounce without thinking about changing that little fact.
As for the array, i found the way i used to be a bit more organized and eaiser to understand after all that is the way i learned

as for making the code more efficent it dont think it really matters how i set it up (or does it?)

As for future updates plan on this:
Though i like the original game it can only play it for so long
so

new play options:

Race to the finish (what it is currently)
Speed it up ( the speed will gradually increase, and you cant crash)
Free Play ( just play normally but no yeti)

any other ideas?

as for crashing i am completly confused, it didnt crash this time, i am completly stumped, maybe it was just a fluke

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-25-2010, 07:35 PM

r u almost done with skee free

Old 11-25-2010, 08:45 PM

Did you see the beta i released a few post back?

and yes to your question i have finished the menu and all the modes exept the speed it up

though i am a little preocopied playing MineCraft, the most addictive game with no point at all

Old 11-26-2010, 09:30 AM

ok

Old 11-26-2010, 10:24 AM

Unfortantly my player started to crash now again so i am formatting it and reinstalling the firmware

and all creative is telling me to do is to reinstall the firmware , as if i have not done the a million times

Old 11-26-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob182 View Post
TETR**** is astrixed out by Abi so it is (minus all the dashes)

T-E-T-R-A-V-E-X
That's because many online-drugstore spammers have that in their URLs, it's some kind of prescription drug suffix. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:23 PM

so by the looks of the pics your going to post the final version for the game sometime (hopefully) this week?

Old 11-28-2010, 12:24 PM

the next classic windows 95 game should be chips challenge. and definatley put the music and sounds in it. ive played versions without and it makes it 100000 times more boring

Old 11-28-2010, 05:18 PM

For posting the release of skifree..well lets say i ran into a few bugs in jumping and crashing, so far my results of debuging are telling me: the thing should be working, it seems like it is slipping up on a line of code: more specificly my collsion, which does not make any sense. But ill do my best to clear that up

As for Chips Challenge: it is a great game yes: but do you understand what chips challeng is ? and adventure game, there are so many variables in an advanture game it would take quite a bit. I am not saying that it isnt possible but thats a big step for me : going from simple dice games like skunk to a full out adventure game, i feel i might not have the experience needed to do something like that

But if i can make rodents revenge ( which i would do first) then i could make chips challenge by modding the code a bit..

Also my player has not crashed on me yet since i formated it

Old 11-28-2010, 07:35 PM

ok sounds good

Old 12-04-2010, 07:26 PM

Most of the bugs are worked out expect for a couple. I am going to release my current version now and am wonder : does it cras hfor anyone else( yes i know i have asked this before but my players lua player is acting up and i want to know if it is my player or not) This is v0.9.8 (ignore the pick)

Last edited by jbob182; 12-10-2010 at 07:00 PM.