android
Old 11-21-2010, 05:00 PM

Default I Can Haz Kollekshun?

Sorry about the LOLSPEAK, I've been working on my truck for 4 days now and my brain is about gone.

Anyway, here's part of my humble collection. It's nowhere near some of the other collections on here, but I figured I'd throw a couple pics up. There are a few pieces missing (mainly IEMs), as they're either being lent out, or at my other place. But you get the idea. Oh and sorry about the staging and terrible angles. Especially the IEM pic. I just didn't have it in me to put too much work into positioning them.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Nice! Quite a few players there I'd be happy to own....and a couple that I do!
So how do the PortaPros work with the Rockboxed Fuze and Clip+? I have to turn my KSC75's up louder than some of my other 'phones, so the PP's would be the same way, right?

Old 11-21-2010, 05:18 PM

Thanks bud!

And yes, you're absolutely right. I have to up the volume quite a bit in comparison to some of the others. I think I've even got a speaker about to go out because of it. On certain songs, it crackles. But I don't use them as often as some of the others so I keep forgetting to get an RMA from Koss. Thank god for koss' lifetime warranty.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Sweet stuffage,...I especially love the V-Moda Crossfade LP!!!

Old 11-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhantazm View Post
Thank god for koss' lifetime warranty.
I'm probably not going to use it on my one set of KSC75's.....because it would cost as much to send them there as it cost me to buy them...lol.

I don't know anybody reliable enough to get them recabled, unfortunately....that's all they need. But I don't have the gear or the knowledge to do it myself.

But I am seriously considering grabbing a set of the PP's as a portable set....they're only like $30 now.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Sweet stuffage,...I especially love the V-Moda Crossfade LP!!!
Thank you good sir!

I picked up the Crossfades last week and was SO excited about getting them, but once I put them on my head, I was really disappointed. The sound is quite...weird. They sound kinda like a cross between having the headphone plug pulled halfway out of the jack and a Surround Sound setting on a Sony DAP. It's really quite strange. They've got raving reviews pretty much everywhere, so perhaps I'm just odd, but I just don't care for the sound. The build quality is top notch tho, and they really do look awesome. But sound quality is pretty much the whole point, so I dunno. I may end up just selling or trading them.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Oh, kay, I'll pass on them then. I trust your opinion since you have some pretty decent cans to weight the SQ against - thanks.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:43 PM

What senns are those?
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 11-21-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
But I am seriously considering grabbing a set of the PP's as a portable set....they're only like $30 now.
Yea. I got mine from Worst Buy last Christmas and I think I paid about $50 for them (i.e. overpaid). But I should have bought them from Amazon and saved about $20.

Quote:
Oh, kay, I'll pass on them then. I trust your opinion since you have some pretty decent cans to weight the SQ against - thanks.
Yea. Everyone is different tho, so they still might be worth a listen. If you have an Apple store nearby, it might be worth a drop in to check them out. I've read a couple reviews where people confirmed the "surround" effect, but in the end, still rated them 5 stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub View Post
What senns are those?
Those are the HD428's. Not bad for $30-$40. In fact, until I got the B&W's, I was using them to master. They were great for that.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:59 PM

Great collection. I'm wondering though, how do you like your B&W P5 vs the klipsch on ear?
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
-Horace

Old 11-21-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhantazm View Post
Those are the HD428's. Not bad for $30-$40. In fact, until I got the B&W's, I was using them to master. They were great for that.
Thanks. They look like a great set of cans on a budget as well most reviews seem to rate them rather well and if you can get them at $40 that's a steal.
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 11-21-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JxK View Post
Great collection. I'm wondering though, how do you like your B&W P5 vs the klipsch on ear?
Great question. To me, the B&W's are more natural and uncolored, whereas the Klipsch are bass heavy with a relatively bright high end.

Don't get me wrong tho, the Klipsch sound really REALLY good, but the B&W's sound more lifelike with a perfect mix of bass, mids and treble. Also, on players such as iDevices that are engineered with a relatively flat frequency response, the Klipsch really wakes 'em up and makes them quite enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub View Post
Thanks. They look like a great set of cans on a budget as well most reviews seem to rate them rather well and if you can get them at $40 that's a steal.
No problemo. And yea, I agree. The 428's are quite a steal for the price. The build quality isn't the best, as they are all plastic with a really small cord. But as long as you're not committing hari kari with 'em, they should be ok.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:

Hey man, I just wanted to give you an update, as you we're previously interested in the Crossfades. It appears that *somehow* I ended up getting two bad pairs in a row from V-Moda. The (white) pair I just got from RMA, sounds pretty dang good!

They're definitely colored (i.e. a bit bass heavy), but still sound good and are pretty comfortable. Not to mention they're built like a friggin tank. They're no B&W P5, but then again, they're not meant to be. If I had to compare them to something I'd say they're comparable to the Klipsch Image One, with the Klipsch having a smidgen better clarity. But as you know, SQ is very subjective. If you can find them for around $100, I'd say they're definitely worth looking at.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks for the update, but I'm gonna go with another set of cans - the AIAIA TMA-1, and I know you'll be adding them to your collection soon as well.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the update, but I'm gonna go with another set of cans - the AIAIA TMA-1, and I know you'll be adding them to your collection soon as well.
Oooh yea! Great call!! You'll probably get em before I do, so definitely let us know how they sound.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Dude, there's a whole major thread on 'em, as well as dfkt's excellent front page review!!! I'm a straggler, and these are exactly up my alley - I'll definitely get them, but I'se lazy with impressions. Now, right after the holidays you gotta do what I do - go get them!!!

Old 12-23-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Dude, there's a whole major thread on 'em, as well as dfkt's excellent front page review!!! I'm a straggler, and these are exactly up my alley - I'll definitely get them, but I'se lazy with impressions. Now, right after the holidays you gotta do what I do - go get them!!!
Oh damn. Didn't even know he had a review up! My head's been up my rear lately with all this holiday shopping and whatnot.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll go check it out now!