android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Sony Walkman > Walkman S Series

Old 01-18-2011, 03:18 PM

Well I contacted sony canada, the new S series is futureshop exclusive and not connected to Sony or sonystyle in any way

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-29-2011, 04:51 PM

Just an observation, I find it odd that the S754 is the same or cheaper than most of the other E350/S540 series Walkmans at Future Shop.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepper View Post
No, it seems to be a mystery device as far as info goes in Canada.
Sincere thanks for checking!

Old 01-31-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepper View Post
Just an observation, I find it odd that the S754 is the same or cheaper than most of the other E350/S540 series Walkmans at Future Shop.
Yep, but it doesnt surprise me. When I bought mine (cough 100 could now get 16gb A series for same price) it was reduced from 125. Its now reduced further to 75 and that is'nt internet prices.

Me thinks it's a Lemon perhaps!

To say that I was unhappy with my purchase would be an understatement. Bought to use at gym mostly while out running. I find Iems are not appropriate.
For me it is OK to have a volume cap but sony should therefore state openly that the product is totally unsuitable for use with anything but IEM's. To this extent I feel misled (not to mention ripped off)

Now looking for something else.

Edit: Boo hoo

Old 02-02-2011, 11:05 AM

That's unfortunate that the Euro models are volume limited. My e355 literally blasts at the 20 level and seems adequate at 10-12 for general loud listening. I've even driven non-powered PC speakers with it a couple of times. I'm curious to see how the Canadian 754 volume compares. Wish they had demo units but they are all sealed in blister packaging.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:10 AM

Default sony nwz-s754

great pictures but what does it sound like say compared to the old s638 or my own a826. cause i am thinking of buying one was interested in a samsung r1 but am old fashioned and not keen on touch screens.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnanny1 View Post
great pictures but what does it sound like say compared to the old s638 or my own a826. cause i am thinking of buying one was interested in a samsung r1 but am old fashioned and not keen on touch screens.
I've been using it for a while now and I'm really happy with it. Sound quality is great, I don't use the headphones that had been provided with it since I don't really need the noise cancellation.(Using the M Turbines) Battery life is amazing and as for everyone talking about the sound being limited my model doesn't have a block for sound. I recommend this player.