android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze > Sansa Fuze Rockbox

Old 04-08-2012, 05:01 AM

Thanks a ton for the new Meier Crossfeed v4, dfkt. I noticed that the older patches aren't working anymore after the recent code changes.
Bands I dig: Genesis, Jethro Tull, Marillion, Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield, Arena, Savatage, Threshold, Twelfth Night, Flower Kings, Magenta, Mostly Autumn, Transatalantic, Vanden Plas, Deep Purple, Metallica, R.E.M., Cake, and, yes, Katie Melua.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

I just tested 3.11 on the Fuze V1, and battery life is really bad. Apparently something got messed up, going to do a series of battery benches and try to figure out where it went wrong.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:38 PM

Default Update to 3.11.2

Hi DFKT,

would you be so kind to apply your set of patches to RB 3.11.2 both for the fuze (v2) and the clip+ ?

Thanks a lot!

johnbthetenth

Old 04-13-2012, 12:50 PM

What specifically do you mean? My builds from Git should have all current features, same as (and more than) the fork that's been made for 3.11.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:42 PM

RB 3.11.2 ( and any current builds) contain a fix for Sansa AMS regarding power drain due to some improper initialization of the radio tuner:

From the Rockbox change list:
Code:
Wednesday 21:31 73732f4: si4700 tuner: fix power consumption issue caused by ill-defined power state at startup 
firmware/drivers/tuner/si4700.c [diff] 
Bertrik Sikken
With one of your recent clip+ builds I faced a power/battery problem, but had attributed it to either a dying battery or the "resetting sleep timer feature".

However, Bertrik and Saratoga had figured out the real problem.

So to be on the safe side, I would like to ask you to apply your set of patches to either RB 3.11.2 or a current build...

Cheers
johnbthethenth

Old 04-13-2012, 03:45 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

So basically, you're really just asking him to update his build

Old 04-13-2012, 04:06 PM

To cut a long story short. Thanks saratoga!

Old 04-14-2012, 04:45 AM

Ah right - I did notice slightly crappy battery life on my Zip the other day.

Fresh builds are in the first post.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:43 AM

I'm sorry for asking.. I need to clarify something, does this build incorporate Line Out? I was looking for it, but i'm not sure if I was looking correctly

I like this build because of the features like meier and no "refreshing media". thanks

Old 07-24-2012, 06:21 PM

what's the difference between meier v2 and v3 ?

Old 07-25-2012, 08:40 AM

v2 has a slightly stronger effect, v3 is slightly less noticeable (but it's the one that follows the Meier implementation closer).

Old 07-25-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
v2 has a slightly stronger effect, v3 is slightly less noticeable (but it's the one that follows the Meier implementation closer).
I'm asking because I don't know so no offense. Based on what I read from your response, am I to assume that even v3 isn't the exact as Meier's? BTW I like the one you used on the Clip Zip build but I only use it when I'm listening to hard pan stuff like old Beatles tunes.

Edit: and if it's not, what are the differences or are they just not important enough to note or possibly one I can not tell the difference by mere listening.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 07-25-2012, 09:03 AM

Meier's crossfeed is built with hardware, analog parts - the Rockbox implementation of the same is of course in software. I just meant that the v3 version follows Meier's instructions found here exactly: http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-on.../crossfeed.htm - while the older v2 version had a slightly wrong number for the filter, which made the effect more noticeable. v2 was "faulty", but as many people find, in a good way.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:11 AM

Thanks, I had forgotten it was hardware.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 08-16-2012, 04:22 AM

Thanks for the better crossfeed it really helps my ears out and doesn't change the sound stage much.

Old 01-13-2013, 01:28 AM

In the hopes that dfkt is still around, I just got a new Fuze v1 and installed your 3.11 custom patch over my existing 3.12 Rockbox version, but decompressing all files into the root of my Fuze, overwriing all files. It succeeded only partially. I've got SID playback in stereo, swap channels works, I only see Meier v1 and v2 but not v3 or v4, and can't get the FS009305 Context sensitive backlight on key press working. It is *extremely frustrating* and I don't know what I've screwed up! The option to set backlight off on volume change is set to ON. Why isn't it working? Backlight still comes on when I change volume while playing a song.

Also, I see a very useful addition to FS009305 posted on 23 June 2012 by Vladyslav Shtabovenko with a 6-line patch to the original code which enables backlight off when going forward or back to the next track.

I'm wondering if you would help a poor, frustrated soul out and either update your builds to 3.12 with the added 6-line patch to FS#009305, or explain what I've been doing wrong and how I might get the backlight function to work properly.

I've spent 2+ hours trying to figure it out, to no avail! Thank you!

Old 01-14-2013, 09:28 AM
Samsung Moderator

AFAIK, dfkt no longer reads the forums. You can try to contact him on the IRC #rockbox or #anythingbutipod but I'm not sure he still wants to be involved in that

Old 03-28-2013, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyzzle View Post
In the hopes that dfkt is still around, I just got a new Fuze v1 and installed your 3.11 custom patch over my existing 3.12 Rockbox version, but decompressing all files into the root of my Fuze, overwriing all files. It succeeded only partially. I've got SID playback in stereo, swap channels works, I only see Meier v1 and v2 but not v3 or v4,

Same problem here, I'm afraid the download version doesn't incluide all the patches listed, maybe it isn't exactly the latest build.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:17 AM
Samsung Moderator

The latest rockbox release or development build doesn't include these patchs and the next ones probably won't either.

These are mainly old patchs, not necessarily up-to-date so making a fresh custom build without resyncing them first would probably mess it up.

I should be able to compile custom builds to include patchs but I'm not skilled enough to rework/resync old patchs so unless dfkt does it, you will be sticked to outdated custom builds in 1st post.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
The latest rockbox release or development build doesn't include these patchs and the next ones probably won't either.

These are mainly old patchs, not necessarily up-to-date so making a fresh custom build without resyncing them first would probably mess it up.

I should be able to compile custom builds to include patchs but I'm not skilled enough to rework/resync old patchs so unless dfkt does it, you will be sticked to outdated custom builds in 1st post.

Thanks lebellium. I always used these custom-builds, mainly for the sound quality patch. Is there any differences in sound quality with the official builds?