Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2010, 05:47 PM
Default [Reverted] Increase In Battery Life On The AMS V1 Sansa

Edit: According to saratoga this patch had to be reverted due to SD issues. It is no longer part of the standard build.

I was poking around in the Rockbox 4 Week Changes yesterday and came across this.
r28834: FS #11765: Improve AMSv1 Battery Life by Lowering CPU and Peripheral clocks. Unboosted CPU and peripheral clock is now 31MHz. Boosted CPU and pclk are 186MHz and 62MHz, respectively.
I hadn't run a battery bench on my V1 Fuze in a few months so I decided to test it out.

It brought about a respectable increase in battery life on my V1 Fuze. It took a jump from 14hrs. 46 mins to 16hrs 18 mins. Since I haven't done a battery bench in quite a while I don't know if there were other patches or codec optimizations applied that affected battery life between then and now .

One other difference that might be significant is that the older test was done using -q 5.5 Vorbis. The one from yesterday was done with v4 LAME. I'm just not sure how much the codec difference would impact the battery life but they both sound the same to me. I'll try with Vorbis again soon to see if it changes much.
Attached Files
File Type: txt r28008-100906_battery_bench.txt (59.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: txt r28845-101216_battery_bench.txt (65.0 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by skip252; 04-08-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

ams rockbox, clip v1, fuze v1