android
Old 12-25-2010, 07:10 PM

Default Playlist Duplicating Songs

I tried to create a playlist for my Sansa Fuze with Windows and it duplicated every song in the playlist. Is this normal? Can I create a playlist without having to have 2 copies of the same song stored on my Fuze?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-26-2010, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcam59 View Post
I tried to create a playlist for my Sansa Fuze with Windows and it duplicated every song in the playlist. Is this normal? Can I create a playlist without having to have 2 copies of the same song stored on my Fuze?
Which method are you using to load music on your player? This could be a factor in why the songs duplicated.

As far as making playlists on your player, one method you can try is to make playlists via Windows Explorer. This method should work as long as your player is in MTP mode:

- Open up your player in Windows Explorer.

- Go into the folder that contains your music and select a song.

- Right click on the song and select "Create playlist." This will create a playlist named "New Playlist.pla" and it will contain one song, the song you selected.

- If you want, you can rename the playlist, just leave the ".pla" extension unchanged. Also, you can pickup and move the playlist to a different location on your player.

- To open the playlist, you can either double click on it or right click on it and select "Open". A properties window will open and will show the song(s) contained in the playlist.

At this point you can add songs to the playlist by dragging and dropping them from your player onto the playlist window. Each song you add will be placed at the end of the playlist, but you can reorder the songs in the playlist or delete songs via the buttons at the bottom of the properties window.

This should avoid duplicates since the only songs that will be loaded on your playlist are those that you added.

I hope this helps.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro

Old 12-26-2010, 12:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

bigcam59:

There are several ways to create playlists on a Fuze. Unfortunately, Sandisk mentions Windows Media Player in the user guide. This is probably the poorest choice (based on forum discussions, as well as personal opinion). Search the forum for playlist and you will find several threads with info on playlists. One choice to check out is a program called video4fuze. Although I have not used it, it is recommended for adding videos to your player AND (I'm pretty sure) for creating playlists.

Steve

Old 12-28-2010, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
bigcam59:

There are several ways to create playlists on a Fuze. Unfortunately, Sandisk mentions Windows Media Player in the user guide. This is probably the poorest choice (based on forum discussions, as well as personal opinion). Search the forum for playlist and you will find several threads with info on playlists. One choice to check out is a program called video4fuze. Although I have not used it, it is recommended for adding videos to your player AND (I'm pretty sure) for creating playlists.

Steve
I agree about Windows Media Player (WMP). My experiences with it (especially with album art) caused me to seek out other music management software.

I came across MediaMonkey (MM) and found it to be a vast improvement in many ways over WMP. I've used with it with my Sansa Fuze and Sony players and it works perfectly with them, including creating playlists (both regular playlists and autoplaylists) and loading them on my player.

Using MM, I've not had the problem with duplicate songs on my Sansa Fuze. I create a playlist in MM, and sync that playlist with my player (either to the internal memory or to the memory card). The playlists and the songs it contains are sent to my player in the proper location. The only time a song duplicates is if I have a song that appears in two (or more) playlists and set a playlist to sync with the internal memory and another to sync with the memory card.

MM's main limitation is that it is designed to work with music and not with videos and pictures. Since I use my players for music, it hasn't been an issue for me.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro