android
Old 01-17-2011, 01:28 PM

Default A43 album art and playlists?

On the A43 does album art need to be embedded in each song or will it grab the art from the folder?

Which style of playlist does it use, m3u or pls (or both)?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It can use album art in the folder if it is named "albumart.jpg".

I have no idea and can't find any info about playlists, other than that you can make them on the device itself.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:08 PM

I may need to go through and change the name on everything, Winamp names everything as album name.jpg, that is after you jump through enough hoops to get the art.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I know the 43 didn't reconize "cover.jpg", but I don't know if it will recognize other naming conventions. I discovered it would take albumart.jpg by experimenting, as that is what WMP creates.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:53 PM

Well mine is here and charging after I did the firmware update... It takes the album art just fine in a folder and will take it as the albumname.jpg which is what Winamp uses. It also works with one of the playlists, but since I was thinking ahead when I ripped half of my library they have both types. Now I need to figure out which one it takes and delete the rest. That and figure out how to actually make it play the entire list.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:35 PM

.m3u is the winner

I'll probably load the Winamp for Android soon so I'll compare that at some time, though I don't exactly hate the internal player look or feel so Winamp will have to do something better. I already know it doesn't sync with album art, and it is silly to have this nice color display and not have album art with your music.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:57 PM

Here is an experiment that we need to try... Assuming that you have your library in the structure of Artist\Album\files, it appears that we can put another jpg in the artist folder that will show up when browsing by artist. I'll give it a try sometime in the near future unless someone beats me to it.

Yes I know, I am talking to myself... But at least someone might get a benefit from my findings.

And by the way... this thing beats the hell out of my old Archos Jukebox so far, hope it lasts as long as that device did. I got a good solid 7 years out of that device with a drive swap (10gb to 20gb) and several sets of batteries.

Last edited by Greg_E; 01-18-2011 at 10:04 PM.