android
Old 12-30-2010, 05:05 PM

Default Cowon Plenue

I'm quite excited by the introduction of a new line of players from Cowon, specifically, I'm glad to see that we will see a Cowon Android tablet in the near future. I will now wait for this one to come since Cowon design and general quality easily surpasses most of the other manufacturers. Let's hope we'll get a 7" tablet with Market support.

I am a bit more concerned about the brand name though. "Plenue"? Seriously? It's a mouthful; it's... bad.

It's sad to see that once again a great little company will be hampered by another poor marketing choice (looking it a you Cowon product naming scheme)...

A good Android tablet could have been the most obvious springboard for the brand globally (let's face it Cowon issue has always been with the User Interface and the underlying software choices, be it Windows CE or Flash Lite)...

Damn, so much potential to both do it right or f*** it all up!!! I can't wait!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-30-2010, 05:13 PM

It's called D3, "Plenue" is something the Koreans made up: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57187 and http://anythingbutipod.com/2010/12/cowon-d3-specs/

Old 12-30-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
i hope you are right about that. it's called officially "Cowon D3 Plenue" on the official (korean) cowon site.

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Old 12-30-2010, 05:22 PM

They had... err, "nick names" for several of their players so far. Good thing that fad didn't catch on outside of Samsung South Korea.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:28 PM

yeah i know, but there's more to it... go to http://product.cowon.com/

and click on the plenue logo in the upper right corner: it could be the UI used as android overlay or something, a new design concept, whatever.

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Old 12-30-2010, 05:30 PM

Yeah, just some pompous infotainment, more than usual. Seems there's no substance to it.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:38 PM

Well there are rumors that Cowon will be coming out with a tablet of some sort so it could be a reference to their Android skin.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:17 PM

There's a website dedicated to plenue, which is what does bother me somehow.
Edit: as mentioned above

Old 12-31-2010, 05:27 AM

Ah right, the site might be a teaser for things to come.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:10 PM

If you go on the Global Corporate and read the press release, you will see that they directly mention Tablet PC as part of the Plenue portfolio of devices. So, yes, I will assume that we will see a range of similarly designed devices over the next 24/36 months. I suspect Cowon is waiting for Honeycomb before any tablet is outed...

Anyone knows if Cowon is at the CES?

Old 12-31-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by globiboulga View Post
If you go on the Global Corporate and read the press release, you will see that they directly mention Tablet PC as part of the Plenue portfolio of devices. So, yes, I will assume that we will see a range of similarly designed devices over the next 24/36 months. I suspect Cowon is waiting for Honeycomb before any tablet is outed...

Anyone knows if Cowon is at the CES?
they will probably be at CES, like the years before. they officially introduced the J3 at CES, btw.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:03 AM

Default cowon honeycomb tablet

If there is going to be a plenue version of android 3 then the version on the d3 will probably get an upgrade sooner rather than later!

Old 01-04-2011, 05:53 AM

I doubt that since Honeycomb has very specific hardware requirements. But I am looking formward to Cowon releasing a tablet PC with Android on it.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Plenue I think means "Create Pleasure", which is one way of saying "bring pleasure" to the owner. Yes, it is a word they made up as I can't find any other reference or translation for it. Hopefully it is a class/category name, and will be for all of their android device including the D3 and those to come later. I think of it as short for "Pleasure Venue", and as they improve the D3 a little bit with each firmware update hopefully it will be come a great one.