Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2011, 09:50 AM
Default Vision:M died, any advice?

Hi folks

So my Vison:M died just a short while ago.

What happened was that I plugged it into a laptop, and it started up, but did not connect (as it usually does when plugged in). I saw that the usb was not fully plugged into the connector (the white "block" that connects to the player itself), and pushed it fully inn. The player just went black and now it does not respond at all (no blue led on top, no response when plugged into usb ports, nothing).

The battery was about 3/4 charged, and the player worked perfectly up until this.

I'm not very tech-savy, so opening the player and soldering stuff will probably be out of my reach. I suspect it to be dead for good, and will probably have to replace it, but though I'd just ask, also it would be good to hear if anyone has an idea what happened (I suspect I may have short-circuited something when I pushed the usb fully into the connector)?

This is the second Vision:M I own, and I bought it recently (about 6 months ago) used from a local auction site. The owner told me that he had not really used it at all, and from the battery, the overall state of the player, and the stuff that was on it (very little, but all the Creative commercials and pictures was still one there) I have no reason to believe otherwise.

I got my girlfriend a X-fi 2 for Christmas, and even though it's a good player I like the Vision:M better, so if anyone had advice where to get one second hand please tell.

Thanks for any advice or answers.

Last edited by RuneBR; 01-01-2011 at 02:46 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]