android
Old 09-27-2010, 03:53 PM

Default Walkman nwz-b152 Volume Question

hi
I have just bought a nwz-b152 for the gym , the problem is the volume is so low that is just not working for me . I read somewhere that Sony have a test menu built into the software and if you can get to it you can turn it up , apparently it is turned down on the European models .

Does anyone know how to access this menu ?

thanks
Bamp

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-27-2010, 04:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Where are you from? In the EU? Is this an EU specific Sony? If yes, you are out of luck.

The volume cap is mandatory for these kinds of devices in the EU and unlike Sandisk players, I believe one cannot simply bypass or alter the settings on the Sonys. Never heard of any user accessible test menu/diagnostic mode for the Sonys, though I guess it is possible.

You may be S.O.L. sorry...
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 12-11-2010, 10:51 AM

Default Walkman nwz-b152 Volume Question

I recently acquired a sony walkman nwz b152 from Currys, together with an Ipod Dock, with the specific aim of using it for dance classes. I encountered the problem with the volume and when I returned to Currys to complain they suggested that the problem related to how I had loaded the files.

I would like some technical information relating to the volume limit imposed by Sony on this unit. It is my intention to go back to Currys to swap the unit, given that I explained my requirement and they gave no indication of this restriction.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:43 AM
Ultra Senior Member

hey welcome to ABi...

not sure anyone can give you actual, real technical info on this. The EU volume restriction mandate as reportedly implemented on Sony devices is done via firmware [same as with Sandisk, etc, sold in EU]. Unlike Sandisk however, where one can simply reset the device and then manually choose another geographic location outside of Europe, I recall reading that there is no such way to do this with Sony devices.

You reset a Sony player and it resets - user gets no options to change, AFAIK...

cheers and good luck,
-les
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 12-12-2010, 06:02 AM
Banned

take it back - AFAIK other manufacturers don't have this issue; it's easy to bypass on a Cowon or a Sansa, Samsungs, I think, also.

One reason why I won't get a Sony. how can I listen to Rainbow if they're not loud?

Last edited by nodirectionhome; 12-12-2010 at 06:10 AM.