android
Old 10-21-2011, 04:34 PM

Default Cannot turn on/power up my X-Fi2

Hey, a while back my X-Fi2 wouldnt turn off unless i hit the reset button, and then after i turned it off i couldn't turn it back on, so far i have tried all USB slots in my computer, the computer doesnt recognize anything has been plugged in and the X-Fi2 stays with a blank screen.

Getting it to work is not my #1 priority at the moment, i got a new computer and my X-Fi2 has all my music on and i wonder how i can obtain it again? (i did not use the external Micro SD card slot).

Any suggestions or tips? i have checked other forums and the creative website with no luck currently.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-23-2011, 10:21 AM

This happened to me... I wonder if it is a hardware error. I've had my X-Fi2 for a few years, but back in February or so, it started to act weirdly. It would freeze and/or not let me turn it off without resetting. It also displayed the same symptoms as yours when trying to connect it to a computer.

I just accepted that it was bricked, seeing as how nothing has seemed to fix it. I wish I'd taken the time to grab my music off of it, though.

I'm pretty sure it's a hardware error... Time to go shop for a new PMP!

Old 10-24-2011, 06:26 AM

Sorry to hear that. i had an issue last year while upgrading the firmware on my 64GB model, and it finally bricked itself. I had to RMA it, and it was a NIGHTMARE dealing with Creative. I finally got it back after 3 months of pestering them, and it still works, but i do not trust the player anymore, and sometimes after i load new music on it, it seems like it takes forever for the "rebuilding library" screen to come up, and once or twice I have had it lock up on the "ZEN" screen, and had to push the reset button, and cross my fingers it would power up. Creative's quality has gone downhill on these players.

Good luck on getting resolve on your issue. It sounds like you may have to return it for a replacement, and if it is under warranty still, then that is cool. If not, it might be better to just buy another vendors PMP. Zen Vision:M was the last kick ass player they made IMHO.