android
Old 01-01-2011, 11:45 AM

Default Digital Movies received with Blue Ray DVD purchases

I am trying to convert a digital movie that I received with my Blue Ray movie to a file that will play, in full screen (no letterbox bars) on my Zune HD player.

The first thing was to get rid of the DRM protection. Using a fair use product - *********** DRM Media Converter, I was able to create a WMV file without the protection, and this file is recognized by the Zune software, and can be uploaded to, and played on my Zune HD player.

However, no matter what configuration I chose, I get the letterbox bars on the top and bottom. I have tried using Full Screen and 16x9 Zoom settings to no avail. I have tried 320*240, 640*480, 480*320...etc, with the same result.

I even tried right clicking on the file in the Zune software and selecting Create Movie, which opened Windows Live Movie Maker. I selected settings that had worked on other conversion, but no matter - still get the letterbox bars.

I found my answer, thanks to my program's Tech Support. For anyone with a similar problem,

Correct size should be 480*272. Aspect should be 16:9. There is also an option for Capture Size - this should be set to

I want to get a file that fills the entire Zune screen with the proper aspects. Any suggestions. I would prefer to use the software that I currently have (on Windows 7), but if necessary, will consider a different package. Tried converting to an MP4 - no better luck.

I found my answer, thanks to my program's Tech Support. For anyone with a similar problem,

Correct size should be 480*272. Aspect should be 16:9. There is also an option for Capture Size - this should be set to "Keep Original".

Last edited by blegs38552; 01-02-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]