android
Old 11-27-2010, 06:17 PM

Default I formatted my sansa view en ntfs

i formatted the sansa view in ntfs and when i turn on the mp3 just stays in the "SanDisk sansa" welcome screen

Iīv follow some instructions of other websites like put a blank text file name sansa.fmt and put it on the player in recovery mode, iīve done that and it doesnīt work, because when i turn on the mp3 after doing the text thing just stays in the same screen

My pc donīt recognize my sansa view, just recognize the 16 mb format when i put it in recovery mode, and i already try installing the sansaupdater

the solution iīve read was for a sansa e280, maybe the solution for my sansa view 8 gb is diferent, maybe when i put the sansa.fmt iīm skipping a step.

please help me.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-27-2010, 10:23 PM

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23736

they are sticky'ed for a reason.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:04 PM

So if the OS doesnīt have the "drivers" how do i install them, or how do i repair the firmware because when i run the sansa updater it does not recognize the sansa view, and in the "16 MB-FORMAT" i put the "sansa.fmt" and doesnīt happen anything when i disconnect the mp3

Old 11-29-2010, 05:03 AM

you need to turn the NTFS partition back into a FAT32 partition, then use the recovery to make it bootable again. your probably gonna need to download the firmware to flash the thing too.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:31 AM

the problem is that the NTFS partition does not appear in recovery or manufacturer mode, how do i make it appear, please give me some link with the instructions or something I really donīt wanna buy another mp3, thanks.

Old 11-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adolfog9 View Post
the problem is that the NTFS partition does not appear in recovery or manufacturer mode, how do i make it appear, please give me some link with the instructions or something I really donīt wanna buy another mp3, thanks.
Thats normal recovery and manufacturer mode do not expose the storage. Additionally, nothing you can do can make that NTFS formatted disk appear on the Sansa since your player can't read an NTFS disk.

On the e200 you can get the player to reformat the disk (hopefully as fat32) from recovery mode. I have no idea if the View works the same, but its worth a look. I suggest searching around to see if anyone has verified if the e200 recovery mode instructions will work for the View.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:37 PM

i did it, i did the procedure for e200, i try many times in diferent ways, i put the firmware, i put the "sansa.fmt", iīve follow the procedure for the other sansa and it does not work, i search in the web and many people had this problem but with e270, e280 so its no the same, thats why i sign in in this website

Old 11-30-2010, 12:11 AM

You'll have to plug it into the computer and delete the partition from the computer.

You might have to use a linux live CD and manually mount it, then delete the partition that way since windows is trying to load drivers for the sansa.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:21 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by _red_beer_ View Post
You'll have to plug it into the computer and delete the partition from the computer.
I'm 90% sure thats not possible on the View. IIRC the e200 simply will not boot if the internal memory is completely hosed, and since you cannot access MSC without booting, theres no way to repartition from a computer. Although its possible Sandisk improved this on the View by adding some way to recover a device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adolfog9 View Post
i did it, i did the procedure for e200, i try many times in diferent ways, i put the firmware, i put the "sansa.fmt", iīve follow the procedure for the other sansa and it does not work, i search in the web and many people had this problem but with e270, e280 so its no the same, thats why i sign in in this website
If recovery mode can't reformat it, then its probably bricked.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:06 PM

Well he is screwed then.

Guess he learned never to format a mp3 player in any other format than fat32 unless specified you can.

At least you can probably sell the parts of the view on ebay and probably break even. You probably can't sell the nand module though since it is unreadable now.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:54 PM

I tried with a bootable cdrom named "partition manager" but i canīt see the ntfs partition, screwed? maybe but i donīt think that format the sansa view in ntfs totally crash the mp3, thereīs gotta be a way to recover the thing, i mean thereīs always a way (this sounds like a movie line, LOL)

Old 12-01-2010, 10:45 PM

Sometimes (this time) there is no solution other than trying to RMA it if that is an option.
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 12-02-2010, 08:19 PM

come on if thereīs a way to do it in the former sansa so there is a way in this version, if someone finds it before me please reply, i accept also that maybe thereīs nothing we can do