android
Old 01-12-2011, 09:30 PM

Default Samsung YP-R0 - Resume Play?

Is there a resume play function on this player? If the player is turned off for an extended time & then powered back on it always auto defaults to the main menu.

Upgraded from a T9, which in the system tools it had booting mode option of: 'main menu' or 'last played'. Wondering if my new player has this function.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by pimpalimpa; 01-12-2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: spelling

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-15-2011, 03:51 AM
Samsung Moderator

There is such a feature in sleep mode but when the R0 turns fully off after some hours, I guess it looses where it was in the file.
There is no setting for that.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:44 AM

what exactly is "sleep mode"?
i am really puzzled.

the first days i used the R0 i was amazed about it recalling even points where i stopped
for video-files. now it doesnt recall anything even after a few minutes.
the reason might be what you are refering to.... sleep mode.
i push-hold the on/off/keylock-button to make sure the player turns off completely.

i noticed a text-file in folders, where files reside, wich i just used.
i am very sure, this file keeps the information about where the user left playing that file.
if samsung could just take advantage of this and let us read the file with the text-read-function.
i have to verify this again though. but i am sure there has been such a file.
it would be very cool, if they could just let it be there for us to read out, where
we left listening to an audiobook, a video or a long music-track.
i wouldnt mind not to be able to have the player remind every single folder/album
i have been listening to. but if we (the users) could access that text-file and look
for our selfs, that would be awsome and sufficient for me.
it just has to be visible and readable via the gui and not been deleted before that
specific track gets accessed again.

sry, if i dont make sense.
i am very tired and need some sleep.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:13 AM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip^ View Post
what exactly is "sleep mode"?
i am really puzzled.

the first days i used the R0 i was amazed about it recalling even points where i stopped
for video-files. now it doesnt recall anything even after a few minutes.
the reason might be what you are refering to.... sleep mode.
i push-hold the on/off/keylock-button to make sure the player turns off completely.
When you push and hold the power button to turn it off completely you actually reset the player, it is the same effect as when you press the reset button. That is why the player cannot remember the last position in a file.

Old 02-06-2011, 05:45 AM

to bad.
i am not a programmer. only know a bit assembler and c++.
untill this day it totaly beats me, why the guys who should know, are not able to:

a) let a small text-file be created in wich the last "cue"-point is diposited, when turning of the player either by letting it get to "sleep" by itself, or by forcing it to turn of as mentioned above.
b) let the "software"/"firmware"/"play-routine preload the next track (or a small portion of the beginning) based on the fact, that the player very well "knows", how long the current track is and when it ends, to make the transition to the next gapless.

absolutly beats me.
but as i wrote, maybe i just dont know enough about the way this could be implemented thru routines and code.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip^ View Post
to bad.
i am not a programmer. only know a bit assembler and c++.
untill this day it totaly beats me, why the guys who should know, are not able to:

a) let a small text-file be created in wich the last "cue"-point is diposited, when turning of the player either by letting it get to "sleep" by itself, or by forcing it to turn of as mentioned above.
b) let the "software"/"firmware"/"play-routine preload the next track (or a small portion of the beginning) based on the fact, that the player very well "knows", how long the current track is and when it ends, to make the transition to the next gapless.

absolutly beats me.
but as i wrote, maybe i just dont know enough about the way this could be implemented thru routines and code.
These are esay-to-code features, I think. I'm also a "home" programmer Samsung has simply other tasks to do...and doesn't add new feature after a product launch, isn't it lebellium?
We have to wait the android, rockbox and what else port to the r0 and then we will be free to add such features

and yes resetting device it doesn't save anything, but waiting for the sleep may help! I have to try if it is so...well you can test it attaching the device to a pc while listening to something, sending a file and the disconnect cable...

Old 03-09-2011, 08:25 AM

This is an oldish post, but I've just joined.
I suppose you could sort of say that there are 3 states of off: Sleep, automatic off and manual off or reset (also equals disconnect from computer).

If you put the player to sleep (short press (about 3 seconds) on the on/off button) it will pick up directly at the last place you were at when you turn it back on. It will remember if it was paused or not. I use it all the time.

If you leave the player for a few hours after activating sleep, it turns off completely. When you turn it back on you need to go to "Now playing" in the music folder to pick up from the last place. I'm not sure for video.

If you turn it off completely manually (long press (about 9 seconds) on the on/off button) it doesn't remember where you were before turning off. It does seem to keep in memory the position in the videos.
In the two latter cases you need to go through the main menu.
Meanwhile we await with impatience the Rockbox/Androide mods that might change all that (and more)!

Old 04-28-2011, 02:22 PM

Default workaround for resuming song

try this:
while a song is been playing, goto the very first screen, the menu screen with all icons on it
if you shutdown player from here, next time you'll turn it on, it will start playing the song that was playing

it works for me. After turn it on, a few hours later than the latest shutdown, it started from where it stopped

Old 02-01-2012, 10:03 PM

just wrote a rather long comment and now its gone. :/
hm.

i still love my r0 though.