android
Old 01-19-2011, 07:44 PM

Default Does anyone know about Firmware 1.59WA?

I dug my K5 (with firmware 1.46WA) out of a drawer today after neglecting it for nearly a year, and thought I'd check these forums again (it's pretty quiet now!) and also samsung.co.uk.

I saw that they are offering firmware 1.59WA, but I couldn't find any mention of what enhancements or fixes it was offering. I was pretty happy with 1.46, so before I risk messing things up, can anyone tell me whether there is any point installing 1.59, and what changes will I see?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Samsung Moderator

1.46 UMS = 1.59 MTP.
So no changes except the PC connection mode. And MTP is only shit compared to UMS.
You already have the latest firmware

Old 01-20-2011, 05:36 AM

Many thanks for the quick reply lebellium - I wasn't expecting anyone to still be checking the forum.

As you are still around, can I ask one more question about UMS. If I understand it correctly, with UMS the tracks appear in folders on the K5 in alphabetical/numerical order. If I have several tracks which I want to play in a particular order, is there any way of doing this apart from renaming the tracks so that they begin with "01", "02" etc?

I've had a quick look at Mediamonkey, as I've seen that mentioned in other threads, but I can't see any way of doing it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:53 AM
Samsung Moderator

As Samsung Moderator I read every single thread and post in the Samsung forums. But that doesn't mean I reply to all of them^^

Your post reminds me it's possible there is another change. If I remember well, in 1.59 MTP there is only a tags library (artists, albums, tracks, genres) whereas in fw 1.46 UMS there is only a navigation by folders.

Regarding your question, I don't really see another way to do it. All mp3 players with a navigation by folders use alphabetical/numerical order, which is the most logical order. And I don't know any player that allows you to order yourself your songs.
Actually there is maybe another way: use the playlists. Then you can choose the order. But that is not necessarily practical.