android
Old 01-20-2011, 07:34 PM

Default Album Art Problem

Ok so when I look at my mp3 files on mp3tag,it shows all the album art that I have.However when I drag and drop all of those mp3 files onto my rockboxed sansa fuze and play a song on it,it shows the wrong album art for the wrong song.How can I fix this?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Rockbox doesn't use embedded album art, so whatever mp3tag shows you doesn't matter. You've probably got folder.jpg files or similar located around and its using those.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hey man. How did you go about getting RB to read album art? RB does not [yet] support embedded AArt [I am hoping this gets some attention some day ]

Sounds like you are embedding the art in the tags, right?

If yes, you should use this:
http://vcardenasblog.blogspot.com/20...r-rockbox.html

Pretty self explanatory and sweet little app. Post if you need some assistance with this one as I use it quite reqularly with 100% success.

Also, have you enabled PictureFlow on RB?

And just as a test, throw a couple of wrong displaying tracks on another device and see if the artwork displays properly.
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 01-20-2011, 09:48 PM

Ah ok,I understand then.I'll try that app and no I didn't enable Pictureflow.

All of my music is organized by folder genres and not by artist then album and such,I figured it was easier to organize all the songs like this.But seems like I'll have to organize them the regular way to get things working right.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:15 PM

Tip:
I know this is an old thread now, but I was struggling with album art (AA) on my fuze (regardless if booted original firmware or Rockbox).
This is what worked for me: Linked folder.jpg AA as opposed to embedded. If it still does not show up, the .jpg is of wrong format but can be converted by opening the image in Windows Paint program, zoom to larger size and change one pixel in the corner of the image (slightly different colour) and resave the file. It should now display on your Fuze.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

^ heya 303...FWIW, I exclusively use embedded art and have never had a problem on my Fuzes [or any other embedded art supported player].

My image specs: baseline jpg, biggest pixel size = 600x600, largest file size between 75-100kb.

If you had issues with embedded art on Fuze, you might want to check your jpgs - they may be PROGRESSIVE jpgs which generally choke on most DAPs/PMPs.

And, FYI, I believe embedded art support is now available on current/recent builds of Rockbox. I have not upgraded yet so cannot confirm, but I think this is correct,

hth and cheers,
-les
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies