Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Default Is it possible to connect ZVM HD to computer?

Hi everyone. I had a Vision: M for a while and it worked well...well for a year that is. Right after the warranty ran out, the player stopped working.

The player when connected to the computer through USB would not do anything, no blue power light, no screen, no HD activity, nothing. So I had a Creative adapter and plugged it into the wall and voila it was working. Now since then I've lost the removable prongs for the creative charger/adapter and would like to get my music off of the player if it's possible.

I'm pretty sure it's a battery issue, and that the HD in the player works fine, given that I was still able to listen to music and browse the player and such when it was plugged into the wall.

Is there a way to get the drive connected to a computer? Or for that matter any other way of getting my information off of it? I haven't taken it apart yet but have heard about how the connection is odd. It would give me something to do, and replacing nearly 30GB of music isn't something I look forward to being in Canada and on limited bandwidth...and my CD collection is all over the place as of late. Any advice would be great

I did try a Motorola charger here with the same connection to the dock as the opposite end of the USB cord does, but it didn't work.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Gimpy2k7; 01-22-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]