android
Old 01-29-2011, 05:42 PM

Exclamation Post Your Rockbox .cfg Files Here

Hello All,

Ive just bought a Fuze and am lovin' it!

Please attach your sound .cfg files or any other ones that we can use on our end. I know there are true audiophiles out there that know how to tweak the settings til perfection and while not everyone is so gifted we would appreciate the help you can provide by sharing your expertize with us.

Wanted to specifically thank all who contribute to the awe that is Rockbox and the port for our Sansa players.

Long live the alternative to the iPod!
SanDisk Sansa e270

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend221 View Post
Hello All,

Ive just bought a Fuze and am lovin' it!

Please attach your sound .cfg files or any other ones that we can use on our end. I know there are true audiophiles out there that know how to tweak the settings til perfection and while not everyone is so gifted we would appreciate the help you can provide by sharing your expertize with us.

Wanted to specifically thank all who contribute to the awe that is Rockbox and the port for our Sansa players.

Long live the alternative to the iPod!
I think you're missing the concept of Rockbox. There's no .cfg file that anyone can put together that can take into account your ears, headphone or musical taste. I'd learn to use the tools that Rockbox puts at your disposal rather that trying to have someone else do it for me.

Learning how to configure your own custom setup is the way to go. You'll like the results a lot better and learn quite a bit while doing it.

BTW "audiophile" is a nasty thing to call someone here. Try "music enthusiast". Oh yeah, there's an iPod Rockbox port.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:35 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
We actually put nearly all the settings to the best generic option, so a blank config file is probably what you want. Most of the other settings are things like EQ which you can use to adjust the performance of your headphones, but are specific to your particular setup.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
We actually put nearly all the settings to the best generic option, so a blank config file is probably what you want. Most of the other settings are things like EQ which you can use to adjust the performance of your headphones, but are specific to your particular setup.
Im sure this is much appreciated by all who use Rockbox.

We all thank you for this generic option.

I work way too much and barely have time to eat and sleep due to my occupation so fine tuning is unfortunately out of my reach.

Hopeful there are members out there that can share their config files with others for comparison and or for overall daily use as well.
SanDisk Sansa e270

Old 01-29-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
I think you're missing the concept of Rockbox. There's no .cfg file that anyone can put together that can take into account your ears, headphone or musical taste. I'd learn to use the tools that Rockbox puts at your disposal rather that trying to have someone else do it for me.

Learning how to configure your own custom setup is the way to go. You'll like the results a lot better and learn quite a bit while doing it.

BTW "audiophile" is a nasty thing to call someone here. Try "music enthusiast". Oh yeah, there's an iPod Rockbox port.
I used a .cfg file that someone posted from the Clip+ forum and was wowed by how much better it made it sound.

Did try my tweaking of the sound settings and it sounded nothing like it did after applying the mentioned file on my Sansa.

While it may not be popular I'm sure there are users willing to share their setup
SanDisk Sansa e270

Old 01-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Head on over to headfi. There's "audiophiles" there that have posted their "OMG this is TEH BOMB!!" settings there. They sound like crap to me but that's what you get when you're too "busy" to do basic setup.

Stop and think though. If some generic .cfg file you found somewhere sounds good, what will one sound like if you actually learn a bit about your hearing curve and tune the settings specifically to your ears? Believe me, it's worth the effort.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:11 AM

I think what the OP is looking for is a .cfg that has a 'OMG DOUBLE BASS ALL THE WAY' setting in it.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:14 AM

I just want my Fuze to sound as good as my broken Clip+

Why is this such a bad thing?
SanDisk Sansa e270

Old 01-30-2011, 09:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I just want my Fuze to sound as good as my broken Clip+

Why is this such a bad thing?
Then just use the same settings that you used to use on the Clip+.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Then just use the same settings that you used to use on the Clip+.
In all honesty do you believe they are backwards compatible with the Fuze players?
SanDisk Sansa e270

Old 01-30-2011, 04:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
In all honesty do you believe they are backwards compatible with the Fuze players?
I have both of them......they sound the same to me.