android
Old 05-05-2006, 10:32 AM
Editor

Default Zen Vision:M Accessories

Official Creative Accessories Cases
  • Noreve Leather 40
...will add more later

This will be a running list of accessories. Post if you have a good find.

Last edited by EnzoTen; 05-16-2006 at 10:38 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-15-2006, 04:35 AM
Editor

Did you see this one about the ZVM AV cable?

Old 05-17-2006, 03:57 PM

while I was waiting an eternity for my ZVM to arrive from Crutchfields, I purchased both a charge/sync cable ($13) & a A/V cable ($15) that connects directly to the ZVM without the need of the adapter (or dongle - no giggles, please!). I got them from digi-connect via ebay, prior to the sync/charge cable coming out for Creative, and because the A/V cable was out of stock (like Omar said, I don't know that they've ever been in stock).

incidently, the Creative sync/charge cable doesn't show a price, & has a disclaimer at the bottom that it may not be available in some areas. When I select 'Shop', & select 'Americas', it's not listed under accessories for ZVM (or for anything, for that matter). Maybe it's not available for the US??

links for the ebay sync/charge & A/V cables:
Sync & Charge
A/V Cable

Last edited by Lacene; 05-17-2006 at 04:02 PM.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:14 PM

Kroo Forza case - A little hefty, but has a screen protector and is pretty well built.
Kroo Silicone - Much more comfortable than the Forza, but doesn't have a screen protector.

Both available in multiple colors. Niether has a cut out large enough for the sync "brick". They're the only cases I've found that I like though.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:43 AM

I get all my Vision M stuff from here http://www.techfocus.co.uk/
not found anywere cheaper in the UK

Old 07-16-2006, 07:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Boxwave has a terrific selection of third-party accessories for the Zen Vision:M (as well as a huge list of other devices). I am using one of their FlexiSkins on my ZVM, and I love it!

Old 08-08-2006, 08:00 AM

Ugh, not you too.....well, I suppose having an actual member saying that is okay, but its better than some random posting ads on here, like a few weeks ago -.-.

Also, I have lots of cases for my Zen now, I got my friend to knit them for me! They're awsome! Just thought I should add that, hehehehe.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrax
Ugh, not you too.....well, I suppose having an actual member saying that is okay, but its better than some random posting ads on here, like a few weeks ago -.-.

Also, I have lots of cases for my Zen now, I got my friend to knit them for me! They're awsome! Just thought I should add that, hehehehe.
how come none of these cases have a window?????

When I got my Zen Xtra, it came with a nice leather case with a window. Sure, it made it a bit bulky, but the protection was worth it. I've had my Vision M for a couple of months and it looks kinda scratched. I'm thinking of buying another Vision M soon if I can find a decent case.

Old 08-08-2006, 01:26 PM

Has anybody gotten any accessories from these guys?:Gomadic Accessories

they not only have a lot of charging stuff, but they have it in black too, to match your black ZVM's

they basically utilize this "tip exchange", where they have all these plugs that connect with the many proprietary connectors, and they attach to the same accessory devices.

I'm interested in the car charger and battery extender...

Old 08-08-2006, 07:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrax
*giggles*

Hey, I have no problem whatsoever plugging a company with whom I've had a good experience. I tried doing a lot of searching for silicone cases shortly after the ZVM came out, and it seemed Boxwave was the first on the scene with one. And they shipped it really fast, and had no problem dealing with my odd delivery needs (had to be shipped via USPS).
Quote:
Eh???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovelucy
how come none of these cases have a window?????

When I got my Zen Xtra, it came with a nice leather case with a window. Sure, it made it a bit bulky, but the protection was worth it. I've had my Vision M for a couple of months and it looks kinda scratched. I'm thinking of buying another Vision M soon if I can find a decent case.
The skin I got came with a window. It's all scratched to hell now, but it's far better to scratch a replaceable window than the ZVM itself!

Old 08-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacene

they not only have a lot of charging stuff, but they have it in black too, to match your black ZVM's
SWEET!!!

Old 08-11-2006, 05:47 PM

Wow, I'm a bit surprised no one mentioned Radioshack's IGO series for universal chargers. A bit more expensive, but they have a bazillion adaptor tips (not literally of course ).

For the wall or auto charger, use the A54 blue-coded tip for the ZVM. It's also the tip for the PSP. ZVM will charge from empty to full in approx 3 hrs through AC.

Both chargers run 29.99USD + tax, first tip is free. The chargers are also made from sturdier plastic. And the car version has a cool light-up ring to show its powered, instead of the standard meek little red LED.

I own tips for my cellphone too, which makes travel easier. www.igo.com if you want to use the tip finder. Extra tips run $9.99. If you have an Entertainment Book, there's a $10 off $40 purchase coupon somewhere in there too.

Old 08-11-2006, 09:10 PM

Just wondering, where is a good place to order a Invisible Shield for My ZVM?

I live in the UK and can't find anywhere that does them...

Old 08-15-2006, 02:20 PM

I bought a BSE from their site in america. Cost me about 4 including shipping, takes about 7 days to arrive, but as i havent got my player yet, im not worried ( im in england btw)

Old 08-17-2006, 07:02 AM

I got mine (BSE) by post (in a simple envelope) in a matter of days. from the USA (I am in UK). One thing to note - if you go for an Invisible Shield, apart from being very expensive, they insist in including a little vial of liquid (that is utterly useless, by the way - the very soapy water method is def. the best way). This adds bulk and seemingly allows them to charge a ridiculous amount for postage...and causes delay as the "package" gets looked at by sniffers in the postal system at both ends. Just for info.

By the way - as far as I can tell the BSE and the IS are exactly the same "material". The only "downside to ordering the BSE is that I had to cut their front skin down to suit my needs - I dont like the "wrap-over/wrap-round" kind of skin - I just wanted a simple rectangle to covr the screen.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:19 AM

I found a very good net site that sells IS's in the UK...so i payed about 17 including postage by royal mail 1st class...

http://www.i-nique.co.uk

Old 08-17-2006, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacene

they basically utilize this "tip exchange", where they have all these plugs that connect with the many proprietary connectors, and they attach to the same accessory devices.

I'm interested in the car charger and battery extender...

Ok, I just got the set of Gomadic chargers. One AC and one car charger for $30. I ordered them on Monday morning and they were at my house by Wednesday (standard shipping)!

They may look generic, but they work great! The AC charger finishes in about a third the time that the USB takes. Plus, you don't need that damn dongle. the car charger is great cause it fits into the dock slot at the bottom of my Nyko holder. I can now watch South Park while driving home in rush hour traffic!

Old 08-28-2006, 08:29 PM

Talking

I found another new ZVM skin over at: http://www.zcover.com/zCover_Product_Zen_VisionM.htm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zCover4zen.jpg (32.1 KB, 64 views)

Old 08-28-2006, 08:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewdLesion
Ok, I just got the set of Gomadic chargers. One AC and one car charger for $30. I ordered them on Monday morning and they were at my house by Wednesday (standard shipping)!

They may look generic, but they work great! The AC charger finishes in about a third the time that the USB takes. Plus, you don't need that damn dongle. the car charger is great cause it fits into the dock slot at the bottom of my Nyko holder. I can now watch South Park while driving home in rush hour traffic!
Yeah... I agree with you, LewdLesion. I've bought the AC wall charger from them and I can also say it works great. It takes the same time as Creative's wall charger to charge up a drained battery (between 2 and 3 hours). Besides, not having to carry the dongle around is a big plus!

Old 08-29-2006, 02:35 PM

Default Zen Silicon skin

I got my silicon skin with a protective plastic vision-shield at Amazon. Good price too, under $9 plus shipping.

Last edited by EnzoTen; 08-29-2006 at 02:40 PM.