android
Old 11-10-2006, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordstimpy
Purchased the Car Adaptor and ac adaptor and a Car mount from Gomadic. They all work, but the car adaptor causes some interfearence with my FM(iRiver) Transmiter. Also the Car mount, I got the vent one, was too heavy for my vent blades to hold, also I broke one of the tabs that holds the arm to the bracked on the back. I'm thinking of finding a new way to mount it. I wonder what gomadic can do to help me.
I got all of the charging accessories made by Gomadic. They work fine. UPDATE: I think Gomadic wall chargers are dangerous ...

I wish they had better options for a hard plastic case ... I have one, but the way the body is makes it nearly impossible to use accessories while locked in it ...

Any good hard cases out there?

Last edited by tooxshort; 04-26-2007 at 08:15 PM. Reason: experience

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-21-2006, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirender72 View Post
Hey, has anyone seen this from sfplanet.com? It's a 3-in-1 set so you have the usb connection, wall adapter, and car adapter. And you don't need the dongle thingy either!

http://www.sfplanet.com/product/C-ZVM-U3-ZEN-VISIONM

If anyone has any experience with it, lemme know. It sounds like a good bargain.
man, that is exactly what i want. if anyone's used this, please post about your experience...

Old 12-24-2006, 04:22 AM

This is more a request than a 'i have'.... but has anyone seen the DC car charger and A/V cable combined? IE one plug into the Zen and then two cables splitting off... one into a car charger and the other into the 3 A/V plugs? Would be the one thing i thought there would be quite a bit of, but can't manage to see it anywhere.

Old 12-24-2006, 01:51 PM

FYI: http://DreamTimeShop.com/ has now some skins and cables and delivers them Europe-wide

Old 12-29-2006, 12:25 AM

Hello,

I really want to post a review about this little cover i got for my Zen yesterday,
its the DLO Action Jacket and can be found here---> http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/601-5247612-3456141?asin=B000GLNCK8&AFID=MSN&LNM=B000GLNCK8|Ze n_Vision_M_DLO_Action_Jacket__Black&ref=tgt_adv_XP SD0500
Now this this is pretty cool and im happy with it but, for $30 Bucks im a little let down. first the top doesnt allow the on/off switch to come through and if you want your buttons to work you have to stretch it before you put it on or it will push all of them down and they wont work. Other then that im happy with it, it works and since i spent 30 mins stretching it it works perfectly...jsut wish the price was cheaper but whatever, heres some pics (hope they work)

http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0021lv7.jpg

http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0023tr3.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0022bt1.jpg

Old 12-29-2006, 09:38 PM

Is there any lanyard that can go around my wrist, because I want to be careful with the ZVM. Any good ones?

Old 12-30-2006, 11:37 PM

There's also an available BELT CLIP AND ARMBAND!!! Perfect for workouts!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_e/...+Zen+M+armband

Old 12-30-2006, 11:45 PM

Can anyone recommend an accessory to use for workouts in the gym other than the gomadic thing?

Old 01-03-2007, 06:03 PM

Default BSE quality

Has anyone used a BSE and had it on their zvM for longer than a month or 2?? How do they hold Up? Do they do a good job at stoping scraches, and can you fit a silicone case over it?

Old 01-05-2007, 07:49 AM

Here's a good question for all you 60Gig-ers out there that have cases.....reciently I bough the Invis Sheild for my Zen. After putting the front peices on, I slipped it into my OIC jacket. This jacket completly covers the unit but has a see-through plastic type of face plate that most jackets have.......After about a week, I had to take the unit out of the jacket and to my amazement, the Invis Sheild was totally stuck to the plastic face plate!!!! Needless to say after about 20mins of 'fighting' to get my unit out, the top peice of the Invis sheild was totally messed up to the point where I had to return it to the company (which I must say, was the best transaction ever!! They have an excellent customer service). So now that I got my 60Gig unit and have the Invis Shield on it, what case do you guys recommend? Tks..

Old 01-09-2007, 11:16 PM

I'm late here, but they make incredible gem cases (clear plastic cases) that cover everything except the control pad.

I love mine! it's like a little suite of armor!

There is also a metal case available that claims to be so strong a car could back over the player and it would work!! A bit extreme, but I'll trust them rather than try it

Old 01-09-2007, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCeD00D View Post
Here's a good question for all you 60Gig-ers out there that have cases.....reciently I bough the Invis Sheild for my Zen. After putting the front peices on, I slipped it into my OIC jacket. This jacket completly covers the unit but has a see-through plastic type of face plate that most jackets have.......After about a week, I had to take the unit out of the jacket and to my amazement, the Invis Sheild was totally stuck to the plastic face plate!!!! Needless to say after about 20mins of 'fighting' to get my unit out, the top peice of the Invis sheild was totally messed up to the point where I had to return it to the company (which I must say, was the best transaction ever!! They have an excellent customer service). So now that I got my 60Gig unit and have the Invis Shield on it, what case do you guys recommend? Tks..
where did you get your case im looking for one for my 60 gig

Old 01-12-2007, 10:11 PM

Mannimal88, that sounds like you put the shield on backwards so the sticky part was on the outside. I'm not hating, just wondering

Old 01-13-2007, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herm-dog5914 View Post
Has anyone used a BSE and had it on their zvM for longer than a month or 2?? How do they hold Up? Do they do a good job at stoping scraches, and can you fit a silicone case over it?
I have the Invisable Sheild on my 30g i've had it on there for about 6 months, and i have a silicone case over it, fits great!! My Zen and the Invisable Shield are still in mint shape!!

Old 02-15-2007, 12:00 AM

Any good resources for a ZVM 60 GB skin? EZ Gear makes one but it includes a built in plastic window, which I don't want - plus it totally covers the control surface. I have a BSE so I really want it to make my ZVM more grippy so's to not drop it....

Old 03-15-2007, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora_rvd View Post
Can anyone recommend an accessory to use for workouts in the gym other than the gomadic thing?
Do not work out with a hard drive player. Get a flash player.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:30 PM

I was wondering where I could get a nice travel case for the ZVM. I had the 5 Piece travel case for the Sansa E280 and really liked it alot. I already have creatives leather case and Boxwaves anti glare shield. Sansa's case had a hard foam lining to pratect everthing and I really miss it, although I don't miss the player the ZVN is light years ahead of the Sansa .
Also a friend at work has a Neoprene case with a plastic window for his Black ZVM and the case itself has actually scratched up his player badly I'll try and get the name of the exact model tomorrow. I really wanted black but every review I read mentioned that it scratches very easily. I imagine that they all scratch the same but black probably just shows the scratches more. I ended up with a green one for that reason...I'm warming up to the color though.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:46 PM

i have previously purchased accessories from pcmicrostore, andi have been quite satisfied with the products. i just ordered this item:

YOUNG MICRO CREATIVE LAB ZEN VISION:M SYNC 12V RAPID SYNC CONNECTION CAR CHARGER + HOME / TRAVEL AC ADAPTER SYNC CONNECTION CHARGER + AUDIO VIDEO AV CABLE
http://www.pcmicrostore.com/PartDeta...x?q=p:10504239

all this for only $20 and free shipping (in continental usa).

when my order gets in, i will tell you how it is.

justmovedin

Old 04-24-2007, 02:48 PM

Default waterproof / damage protection at REI

Not sure about the search terms but they seem to have worked OK for my use. Some hard and soft choices. I happen to live near a store.

http://www.rei.com/gear/feature/sear...erproof%20case

Old 05-27-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Protective case

I saw that there is a silicone case but it looks like it doesn't have a screen cover. i saw the plastic one and it just looks bulky, is there a good smaller case out there that has a screen cover?

i also heard that with the silicone, if any kinda dirt or anything gets between the case and the player, that will scratch it as well. I just ordered my Vision M and i'm PUMPED for it!