android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2011, 02:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Sansa Fuze Battery Life

Hello,

So i'm near the end of testing my new sansa fuze's battery life, it has had one full charge from opening then a couple of hours of messing around, another full charge and I left it over night to see how many hours I would get out of it.
I'm using OF instead of rockbox at this time as I want to see if i can get even close to the 24hrs audio it claims. Volume is full and brightness is just under half way (backlight set to 15secs), but seeing as i have hardly pushed a button since starting the test I'm a little bit dissapointed so far.
Just to be clear, I unplugged it on 100% battery, hit play all then walked away (went to bed), backlight on for 15secs then blank/black screen for the rest of the test/time, no hitting forward/skip or any navigation whatsoever. In the morning I had a look at the battery life left and it was 10% at this time, then it resumed its blank/black screen.
Started it at 10:38pm on a full charge, it's now 6:54am and just as I type this sentence has ran out of charge!
That's only a little over 8hrs :S
Mind u it was on full volume. I will redo the test this time on half volume.
I'm now counting how long it takes to do a full charge from empty.

This was a brand new fuze.

So people, have i got a faulty battery? Is this actually what to expect in terms of battery life from the fuze? It's really poor then if thats the case, I will never even see 8hrs as in reality I will navigate more, look at art/lyrics, tinker with Bass settings etc etc.

This is really dissapointing, I already own a clip+ which gets about 7-8hrs (out of their 12hrs claim) and bought the fuze thinking I would get longer life (as it was suppose to get 24hrs) so I thought in reality more like at least 15-16hrs, I think its worse than the clips+ tho

What's everyone else getting for battery life out their?

I know that the sansa fuze is an oldish model, I wonder if its long shelf life has worsen'd its battery expectancy. Can I replace the battery with a better one?

Cheers,

Bruce

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]