android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2011, 01:58 PM

Default i9 + windows explorer = file transfer problem

Hi! I'm new to this forum and, as an old windows user, I really like the name

I have a weird problem regarding file transfer to my iAudio9 (latest Firmware, 1.14). The problem occurs under "MTP" as well as under "MSC" settings in Win7 as well as Win XP.

MSC: Win XP tries to assign a drive letter, but (after several MINUTES) an error message is displayed (sorry, in german): "Auf E:\ kann nicht zugegriffen werden. Die Datei oder das Verzeichnis ist beschädigt und nicht lesbar." (Cannot access drive E:\).
Win7 says it wants to format the drive (which I didn't try).
jetAudio transfer doesn't work in MSC mode.

MTP: In XP, a dialogue opens for how to handle "Portable Device", and the device is displayed in the explorer tree, with the name "iAudio 9 1.13". But no drive letter is assigned, which I find inconvenient. MP3s can be transferred OK (drag and drop), but video files (of the correct format) can't be transferred. Error message: "xyz.avi kann nicht kopiert werden: Das Gerät reagiert nicht mehr oder wurde getrennt." (... cannot be copied: the device doesn't react anymore...).
In Win7, essentially the same happens, except that when trying to transfer any video file, the Explorer crahes exactly as described in this thread. MP3s can be transferred all right. jetAudio file transfer works with both audio and video files in MTP mode.

To make it short: Video transfer via jetAudio works in MTP mode, but not via Windows Explorer. Also, a drive letter cannot be assigned.

Any ideas?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]