android
Old 02-07-2011, 09:59 PM

Default playlist using WMP and a memory card

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a playlist on my Sansa Fuze that utilizes songs from the internal memory and from my micro SD card (I have yet to try this). Is this possible, or will it cause problems? If possible I would like to use WMP to do this, becuase I am comfortable with the program and all of my music is on it.

Please let me know what you think!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by croman View Post
Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a playlist on my Sansa Fuze that utilizes songs from the internal memory and from my micro SD card (I have yet to try this). Is this possible, or will it cause problems? If possible I would like to use WMP to do this, becuase I am comfortable with the program and all of my music is on it.

Please let me know what you think!
I don't use WMP but AFAIK this is not possible.

There are two freeware programs that handle mixed media playlists...video4fuze and yapl. If you're interested, you can search this forum for further info.

Steve

Old 02-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

^ 100% with Steve here. Like Steve, AFAIK, there are no apps available that will create mixed media playlists for the Fuze besides video4fuze and YAPL.

Definitely do as Steve suggests and search ABi for both.

WMP is a no-go for this.
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 02-08-2011, 05:06 PM

Thanks guys, I will search for those soon and let you know how it goes...I actually tried making a playlist today with WMP and it wouldn't even sync to my player at all so, it looks like its time to try something new.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by croman View Post
Thanks guys, I will search for those soon and let you know how it goes...I actually tried making a playlist today with WMP and it wouldn't even sync to my player at all so, it looks like its time to try something new.
This concept "sync" is very interesting. Many people having trouble creating playlists on their players seem to be trying to "sync" the playlists. Reminds me of a very old Johnny Horton song about WW2 "Sync the Playlist was the Battle Cry" (actually Sink the Bismarck).

Personally, I copy the songs to my player, then create playlists using the songs on my player, storing the playlist directly to the player. AND IT WORKS!!! <BIG GRIN>

But I haven't tried mixed media playlists on my Sansas yet.

Steve

Old 02-09-2011, 08:25 PM

What are the chances someone could point me to a post describing how to use video4fuze to make a playlist? I've honestly tried searching the forum and have not been able to find anything...i downloaded it already and tried myself to no avail.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Administrator

Were the files loaded in MSC mode? video4fuze won't work with MTP loaded files.

After that it's just a matter of adding files from the Fuze's internal and or external memories using the radio buttons in the program. Name and save the playlist to the player and you're done. Playlists saved to the card may work but the tend to go away after a restart.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:02 AM

Guys, try using Playlist Creator (http://www.oddgravity.com/app-opc.php), works great in MSC mode.....